What's your favorite book?

Views: 326

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I know this forum is pretty old but I would suggest "Catcher in the Rye". Holden Caulfield is such a complex character.. Sad/angry/bitter, at first glance, but more to him than that...  The website "spark notes" has a great description of his character issues:    http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/catcher/canalysis.html.  Hope this helps!
I love "Tuesdays with Morrie" was just about to post that! 

Dan M. said:
Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger Into The Wild - Jon Krakauer Tuesdays with Morris AND The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
i have to read and watch beowulf , its a peom bores me lol have to do it for my gcse's :)

Chloe said:
Well I'm only 12 but I like Running Wild by Michael Morpurgo, I read it when I was 9 and it's my childhood favourite. I also like Beowulf but I don't know who it's by :P 

Weezer fan said:
Animal Farm, 1984, Choke, Fight club
GCSEs? aren't you 13?

Bryony Rose Copnall said:
i have to read and watch beowulf , its a peom bores me lol have to do it for my gcse's :)

Chloe said:
Well I'm only 12 but I like Running Wild by Michael Morpurgo, I read it when I was 9 and it's my childhood favourite. I also like Beowulf but I don't know who it's by :P 

Weezer fan said:

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

I don't know if you've read it, but it's a book about this mentally handicapped person who goes under this experimental treatment to treat his mental deficiencies and drastically increase his intelligence. What's really cool about the book is that all of the things the main character does when he's intelligent... The book is also told in a first person perspective, so at the beginning of the book, the words are simple and there are spelling errors and such... As he gets smarter, words become more complex and there are fewer grammar/spelling mistakes... It is such a cool book and I highly recommend it!

Jack Kerouac - On the Road
The Great Gatsby by F.S. Fitzgerald and Adventures of Huckleberry Fin by mark twain

Of Mice and Men has got to be one of the best books I've ever read. To Kill a Mockingbird is also outstanding. The Hunger Games is one of the new books in years. I'll be studying that with my students this year.

Ps. can't wait until the Vegas show.

Doing them early im in year 9 in english xx

berry rydell said:
GCSEs? aren't you 13?

Chloe said:

Weezer fan said:
i find that very difficult to believe.

Doing them early im in year 9 in english xx

berry rydell said:
GCSEs? aren't you 13?

Chloe said:

Weezer fan said:
Harry Potter

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service