What's your favorite book?

Views: 326

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Legend by David Gemmel or anything written by David Eddings
The Great Gatsby is a great one! Others would be The Count of Monte Cristo, Fahrenheit 451, and The Catcher and the Rye.
Kind of a late response here, but I'd recommend "Crumb". Given, it's a movie and not a book, but it's about a writer. It's more of a documentary but it seems right up your alley.
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
Scott Pilgrim comic book series!
The Cat Who Wanted To Fly by Robyn Supraner.

I don't know if it would be inspirational for songwriting though.
wow thats so funny! i just wrote a song influenced by this book / movie. hahaa.

Dorian Zelaya said:
American Psycho-its about a crazy banker named patrick bateman and he goes around murdering people,eating them etc. and its in 1st person so he describes how he kills people very discriptively,its sorta nasty
Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerney.
Very poetic descriptions of the city. heres a some quotes:
"There's a certain shabby nobility in failing all by myself."
"The night has already turned on that imperceptible pivot where 2 a.m changes to six a.m. You know this moment has come and gone, but you are not willing to concede that you have crossed the line beyond which is all gratuitious damage and the palsy of unraveled nerve endings. Somewhere back there you could have cut your losses, but you rode past that moment on a comet trail of white powder and you are trying to hang on to the rush."

"You know for a fact that if you go out into the morning alone, without even your sunglasses--which you have neglected to bring, because who, after all, plans on these travesties?-the harsh, angling light will turn you to flesh and bone. Mortality will pierce you through the retina."

"It is worse even than you expected, stepping out into the morning. The glare is like a mother's reproach. The sidewalk sparkles curelly. Visibility unlimited. The downtown warehouses look serene and restful in this beveled light."

karl pilkington - happy slapped by a jellyfish

Hi Rivers. I have an original suggestion for you:

You should read 'The Egyptian' by Mika waltari. It would be cool of you to write a song inspired by the ancient Egypt! Let me know what you think :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Egyptian

There is also "All About Lulu" by Johnathan Evison...What can I say I couldn't not buy it.  Write a song that's all about Lulu :D

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.  It's written from the point of view of a boy with autism.  Brilliant book.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video