What's your favorite book?

Views: 318

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Flannery O'Connor has some pretty amazing short stories. Check out: "The Lame Shall Enter First", "Everything That Rises Must Converge", or "A Good Man is Hard to Find".
-Samuel
Absolutely.

And yes, amazing book. Supposed to be a children's book but it takes some life experience to truly "get it." Chock full of great themes and observations about adulthood, growing up, compassion and love (hence very suitable for songwriting influence.) Good stuff and a great read indeed. Glad someone else recognized it for the excellent work that it is.

Michael Napolitano said:
Hintofcoolness you are really cool. Friendship?

hintofcoolness said:
you're not allowed to copy my recommendation

Michael Napolitano said:
Here's my favorite book: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Prince-Antoine-Saint-Exup%C3%A9ry/dp/1...

It's "The Little Prince." May look childish but it's actually quite deep and philosophical. It's not too long either, so hopefully you'll give it a read!
I read alot of band bios and so far my fav is When Giants Walked the Earth a bio on Led Zepplin. I love Of Mice and Men and The Grapes Of Wrath. I also love graphic novels i read alot of Batman comics.
Scar Tissue
I love that song. Its from The Red Hot Chilli Peppers-Blood Sugar Sex Magick.
Rant by Palahniuk
(His short stories are also genius.)

Weezer fan said:
Animal Farm, 1984, Choke, Fight club

If you haven't read Animal Farm since you were in school, read it again and focus on the donkey. Its only a hundred pages or so. The donkey knew what was up the whole time, with the old system and the new, but he knew everyone was gonna do the dumb self-defeating s*** they were gonna do no matter who was in charge and no matter what he said. So he was grumpy.

"Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey,"
-Benjamin the donkey
Actually, I think it's from Californication, but I may be wrong.
Anyone ever read The Death of Ivan Ilitch, by Tolstoy? Great book.

Bass Playa said:
I love that song. Its from The Red Hot Chilli Peppers-Blood Sugar Sex Magick.

Your right i checked it rght after i typed it. Scar Tissue is on Califonation. Sorry my bad on that one
Relax, Bass Playa, there's no problem

Bass Playa said:
Your right i checked it rght after i typed it. Scar Tissue is on Califonation. Sorry my bad on that one
To KIll a MockingBird is really really good to. and i agree with the others a Harry Potter concept album would kick ass.

Bass Playa said:
I read alot of band bios and so far my fav is When Giants Walked the Earth a bio on Led Zepplin. I love Of Mice and Men and The Grapes Of Wrath. I also love graphic novels i read alot of Batman comics.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video