What's your favorite book?

Views: 326

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think this thread has run away with itself. He's looking for INSPIRATION for songwriting (i.e. general human emotions, philosophies, ideals) rather than something to write songs ABOUT.
Rivers,
We all can recommend any "good" book... it depends how each individual relates to the characters that would determine if the story had any influence on them.

I related well to the characters in "Thief of Always" by Clive Barker. This book inspired me to live my life to the fullest, even though it is a horror/sci-fi book. I have read this book many times to my students and it has inspired many of them. Give it a try!
I agree with Iron Man Skivvies (great name, by the way).
If the quest is for inspiration, even a newspaper article can set the wheels in motion, right?
That being said, I stick to my previous top five list of books that stirred something in me for different reasons.
And if anyone else is interested in Brazilian and Latin American literature, I got tons of things to recommend!
Hi, I'm from China and I would recommend anything by Jimmy Liao, a famous Taiwanese artist. Especially his ' A fish with a smile ((微笑的魚) is worth reading and very inspiring
The Resistance Manifesto
Catcher in the rye. This book still scares the crap outta me. I've always thought metallica's Escape was about this book but i guess it wasn't to them.
Hintofcoolness you are really cool. Friendship?

hintofcoolness said:
you're not allowed to copy my recommendation

Michael Napolitano said:
Here's my favorite book: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Prince-Antoine-Saint-Exup%C3%A9ry/dp/1...

It's "The Little Prince." May look childish but it's actually quite deep and philosophical. It's not too long either, so hopefully you'll give it a read!
There is a french writter called Philippe Djian, i think his books are translated in english, in all the books there is a story about a "looser" it sounds a bit like my life, and it's a big influence for my songwritting.

Really if you can find a translation of one of his books, don't hesitate, he's a great writer...
Sorry to be "that guy", but you can never go wrong with Catcher in the Rye

^ That rhymed; ya see?
"Ask the dust" by John Fante...
In all my intellectual glory I recommend the following: The Bell Jar By Sylvia Plath, Like Water for Chocolate (Como Agua para Chocolate) By Laura Esquivel, Lets Not Go To The Dogs Tonight By Alexandra Fuller, The Last Apprentice Series By Joseph Delaney, Water for Elephants By Sarah Gruen (I imagine this read to inspire something similar to "Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!"), Anything by Christopher Moore if you're in the mood for slapstick, and on that note My Custom Van: And 50 Other Mind Blowing Essays That Will Blow Your Mind All Over Your Face By Michael Ian Black.
"The Unbearable Lightness Of Being" by Milan Kundera.

Shook me down to my very core. Such a deep and engrossing book.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video