What's your favorite book?

Views: 326

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds kind of strange, but a lot of Neil Gaiman's stuff sparks a lot of ideas.
I really enjoyed Beth Henley's short play Am I Blue. I just read it this past month in my English 102 class, and it's brilliant. Very Cathcher-esque, and is definitely something short and sweet that you hopefully may find influence in :D

Actual books I would recommend are the usual classics, The Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, Brave New World, 1984, and Farenheit 451 are among my favorites.
I feel like Fahrenheit 451 could be really neat in terms of song. All the oppression, feelings and themes could make for an entire album's worth of writing

shoegazer said:
I really enjoyed Beth Henley's short play Am I Blue. I just read it this past month in my English 102 class, and it's brilliant. Very Cathcher-esque, and is definitely something short and sweet that you hopefully may find influence in :D

Actual books I would recommend are the usual classics, The Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, Brave New World, 1984, and Farenheit 451 are among my favorites.

it'll change your life
Rivers may be taking a the piss of all the boardies, but that doesn't mean I'm not getting some good suggestions here.

I'll agree that everything Stephen King is a great suggestion. In particular, _Wolves of the Calla_ is a very good story with a nice cinematic quality.

I also like the Marvel Ultimates Graphic Novels.

Lance Westgaard said:
It sounds kind of strange, but a lot of Neil Gaiman's stuff sparks a lot of ideas.

Seriously, the books are epic and mindblowing.
Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Into The Wild - Jon Krakauer
Tuesdays with Morris AND The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
I'm sure someone's said it by now but Le Petit Prince is super inspiring!

Also, I heard somewhere you're were inspired by Joe Matt's Peepshow during Pinkerton which is pretty cool so I'd recommend more graphic novels! I really like the autobiographical stuff by Jeffrey Brown but here's a nice list of some others:
http://graphicnovelreporter.com/content/next-25-other
It's more of a poem, but The Wasteland by T.S. Elliot
Great writing, great for songwriting
Alice in Wonderland
Where The Sidewalk Ends
On The Road
God-Shaped H*** by Tiffanie DeBartolo
Howl by Ginsberg
Anything by Alan Moore.

Right now I'm reading Fight Club and its bowing my mind. :)
"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
It's not my favorite, but I'd like to see you writing music in its style.

A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis

"Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything."

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video