What's your favorite book?

Views: 324

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic Mr. Fox :D
'Replay' by Ken Grimwood. Excellent book. And perhaps 'The Metamorphosis' by Franz Kafka.

Although it is an OGN, 'Blankets' by Craig Thompson is incredible.
The Canterbury Tales!!
The Sorrows of Young Werther!!
Thought of a few Japanese translations I read back in college that were excellent:
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami - Outstanding Sci-Fi/Detective/Fantasy blend with a lot of excellent dreamlike imagery.
The Master of Go by Yusanari Kawabata - A book about the inner peace of an old master versus the youthful fire of an up-and-coming protege.
Decay of the Angel by Yukio Mishima (part of the Sea of Fertility trilogy) - A lot of the same overtones as The Master of Go.
Any novel by Kurt Vonnegut.
I s'pose I could include some info about Kurt Vonnegut and why I suggest him, outside of the fact he's my favorite author.

Before dying in 2007 at the age of 84 Kurt was the head of the Humanist Society and wrote 14 novels. The more popular ones are Slaughterhouse-Five, Cat's Cradle, and Breakfast For Champions (which was made into a movie). He's had three books published posthumously that are essays, just his thoughts on the world and such. His books are largely satire and black comedy, but they deal with the human condition and how different people work. Vonnegut, in my mind, is the one author that, when I am reading, he has a distinct voice that is always recognizable no matter what he may be writing about. He was a good person, funny, and brought many intelligent ideas and ways of thinking into the world through his novels, short stories, and essays during his 56 year writing career.

I hope that helps, and I hope you look into him, if you haven't already.

"This is my principal objection to life, I think: It is too easy, when alive, to make perfectly horrible mistakes."
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Kurt_Vonnegut
Read Glen Becks book. Then see How many more songs you want to write.
Slaughterhouse 5, Sirens of Titan, or really anything by Kurt Vonnegut. He has a great way of dealing with pretty profound subjects in a really unique way. Definitely could see an awesome concept album based around some of his books.
yes! i didn't see that someone had already suggested it.

billybob132 said:
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel

It's an adventure kind of book which chronicles a boy who becomes shipwrecked and survives on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean for 227 days with a hyena, orangutan, and a Bengal tiger. It also explores the boy's spiritual beliefs, a really interesting read.
Well, I'm only 12, but my favorite book is The Shining, my favorite one for kids my age is The Seems, currently im reading The Kite Runner, and its awesome!

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video