What's your favorite book?

Views: 319

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Rivers, you must read House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, at first when I heard it had inspired countless of my favourite bands over different genres I was skeptical, thinking it was some inside joke that musicians played on each other, but after I read it my mind was open and it was fantastic.

Here's the link to the Wikipedia page if you want to read about the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_leaves but I highly recommend just going in spoiler free!
Hmmm...I don't know that any of my favorite books provide any song writing material...my favorites are The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, and The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein...and I'm sure there's many others...
Every book written by by Michael Savage
John Lennon's "In His Own Write", is great!
Franny & Zooey by J.D. Salinger. Really powerful short story that's easy to breeze through, which is great because you'll want to read it over and over.
The Green Mile
Perks Of Being A Wallflower
The Chocolate War
Beyond the Chocolate War
Freak the Mighty

ILoveEveryone said:
The Green Mile
Perks Of Being A Wallflower
The Chocolate War
Beyond the Chocolate War
Freak the Mighty

Agree with freak the mighty, very sad.
I like the Red Kayak and Fahrenheit 451
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel

It's an adventure kind of book which chronicles a boy who becomes shipwrecked and survives on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean for 227 days with a hyena, orangutan, and a Bengal tiger. It also explores the boy's spiritual beliefs, a really interesting read.
The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Chosen by Chaim Potok, Patriots Handbook compiled by Caroline Kennedy
100 Years Of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Bliss by Peter Carey
Anything by Bret Easton Ellis
Diary of a Wimpy Kid!!

Those would be good for influence because of sheer hilarity, but personally I love classics.
The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton. He was a Trappist monk that campaigned for peace and social justice. His tale is relatable and compelling, and to be quite honest, his writing makes me feel like your music does, Rivers--like he's articulating some part of me that I have been unable to adequately express.

It's my favorite, and it's been the biggest inspiration in my life. I want to open my own convent/monastery one day (soon, I hope), and I dare say that he's been my biggest encouragement in this venture. I also thought that you might be interested, especially, since you are involved in in Vipassana meditation; Merton and the Dalai Lama met several times in his life to discuss the integration of Eastern religion into Christianity. He has always been a big proponent of interfaith relationships. If nothing else, the book is a wealth of insights about meditation and contemplation, and you might relate to his journey.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video