What's your favorite book?

Views: 318

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Bone by Jeff Smith is an epic graphic novel.  Also The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco is a really good mystery book.

The Help and The Book Thief are also amazing books.  Both will bring you to tears.  Well, maybe not The Help, since it's more chick-lit, but I don't think anyone is immune from The Book Thief

the bluest eye- toni morrison
The Stand and The Dark Tower series.

The Fellowship: The Untold Story of Frank Lloyd Wright and the Taliesin Fellowship. 

True story about a cult-like colony masquerading as an architecture school taught by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Oh horray! A question about books! Nietzsche's 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra' is the most tremendous work I've ever read. If you make it to the other side of that book intact you will be overfull with an inexhaustible love of adventure and life in the most dangerous sense. But Zarathustra overtakes you, so you need a bit of space and time for it. How about Robert Heinlein's 'Time For the Stars'? Classic science fiction by a master. The story isn't terribly demanding, but it subtly re-calibrates you with expansive thoughts, like most Heinlein. Last idea for now: 'Das Energi' by Paul Williams. This one is hard to come by, but worth looking for. HUGELY influential in my life. Absolutely major. 

Thanks for asking a question about books. There were a lot of youths out at the shows in Chicago, which made me hopeful for the future. Right after the new year I read an article listing contemporary items expected to be obsolete by the time children born this year are grown. There were the obvious ones - fax machine, yellow pages - but this year they made the leap and added, you guessed it, books. (Gasp/sigh) So it is wonderful for you to talk about books. You should write a song about how awesome books are, for the children and the future.  

I can't remember the book it is from (I know, I am no help there), but when I read it in college the following quote stuck with me and I printed it out and put it on my wall to remind me:

"What you are left with is a premonition of the way your life will fade behind you, like a book you have read too quickly, leaving a dwindling trail of images and emotions."

I thought this was fitting quote about life, memories and sentimentality. Hope you appreciate it as well.

Fantastic choices! I Adore the bathroom/perfume part in Fight Club.

Weezer fan said:
Animal Farm, 1984, Choke, Fight club
Oh The Places You'll Go, Green Eggs and Ham, and There is a wocket in my pocket. Also Go Dog. GO! and Are you my mother? by P.D. Eastman. I know there little kid books but they can probly be inspiring in some way.
The Hunger Games. It's directed towards teens but it's great for anybody. 
For what you're looking for, read Fever Dreams by Ray Bradbury. Think about the ending.
Death to this thread.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video