Blinded by the Height.

My Question..What's the deal with girls? Most all girls, re: men? Specifically: 'Shorter' V. 'Tall' men. What is it about a males hight that proves to be the most important characteristic, be it physical, emotional or cerebral, in calculating/deciding attractiveness or romantic desirability. Again. either aesthetically, emotionally, intelligence.

I am not a tall person myself. I'm not unusually small. But I guess i would be categorized as short for a male my age/race/background. So my opinions and experiences in this area may be obviously biased by all of those things. But the more I pay attention to the trend, the more water it appears to hold, theoretically. 

It seems to me that girls find the hight (specifically the 'Tall") of men to be a large plus, or positive attribute in assessing a mans desirability. It also  seems that in most cases, the hight of a male will trump the basic attributes generally associated with attractiveness and/or romantic/sexual appeal. It seems a very good looking shorter male is all-together less attractive to a female than a lesser-attractive but taller male. A Phenomena I, out of my frustration have called 'Blinded By The Hight". More, it seems that the taller the male, the less the normal attractive attributes (Facial/Hair/Body/Fashion/Etc...) matter. It would seem that in a manner of speaking: 'Tall Trumps All.' 

I have never discussed the issue with a female. But I have come up with possible reasons why this trend exists. So prominently, and obviously. It may be nature; maybe having a big, tall man feels safe. Satisfies a primitive human need or desire for protection and safety. It may be similarly primitive.. in that hight represents masculinity... fertility, strength.. health. Though none of these are exceptionally logical and rational in the modern day. But maybe they are remnants of  past 
transformations/forms along humankind's hypothesized evolution into what we are today.

Also.. It seems that smaller males. Even exceptionally attractive, (by other aforementioned attributes), men are harshly and unfairly overlooked (no pun intended). I often take public transport, or drive through busy 'hipster' neighborhoods and down main streets. On such trips, the trends are clear and common. It's extremely rare to see an attractive (by societies media-driven-standards) female with a shorter (even PARTICULARLY ATTRACTIVE) male. It is NOT, however, uncommon to see said female with a, by all other standards, UN-ATTRACTIVE, taller male.

I am not a mathematical person, nor do i wish to do the maths involved in showing my theory and/or even producing some formulae to support my hypotheses. (If that's even possible). Not a math guy. 

I would love it if anyone out there has thoughts on the issue, or anything else to add or discuss, could or would do so. If there are any Math People or Statisticians out there, I'd love for a visual display of the ideas and hypotheses, along with anyone of even everyones opinions included... Maybe . Otherwise, I part with, as-usual, wise words from the pen/mouth of Paul Morrissey. "It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small.". Amen. 

Cheers.

Views: 341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm 6'4 and I don't have very good luck with the ladies.

the last 3 lass's i been with aint been nout special. i'm 5'11 and have a English accent

oh s*** the accent doesn't work on other English people...........that's why

I'm 6'. I hate how I'm just a teeny bit taller than every guy I stand next to.

Gohi said:

Looks like you two have found your match!

Angela Skillern said:

I'm 6'. I hate how I'm just a teeny bit taller than every guy I stand next to.

Gohi said:
The accent certainly works here. But most often better when it's an Australian or American acting English. i.e. Geoffrey Rush and/or Anne Hathaway.... Also, anything Ryan Gosling does. 

edgey44 said:

the last 3 lass's i been with aint been nout special. i'm 5'11 and have a English accent

oh s*** the accent doesn't work on other English people...........that's why

Noel Fielding is hilarious on The Mighty Boosh but I'm not a fan of most of the other stuff he does.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video