between which two albums did weezer have the biggest change in their sound? I'm going with maladroit and make believe. NOT THAT I'M UPSET WITH THAT CHANGE, im just saying that they sound uber different.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blue-DTFM. Each sounds so drastically different than the one before it, but if had to choose Green to Maladroit.

I'll go with Maladroit and Make Believe too. One is a heavy, raw power album, while the other is a cleaner pop rock album.
exactly.

Chris S said:
I'll go with Maladroit and Make Believe too. One is a heavy, raw power album, while the other is a cleaner pop rock album.

Each album has a big to change to it so i'm going to say Blue-Hurley

Pink to Green. Green has 3 part harmony in almost every song, the tempos are generally all much faster, guitar tone much cleaner, bass parts don't do a lot in the higher octaves (a Matt characteristic), and the most obvious of course, much more perfected production value.

anything involving Maladroit.  Green to Maladroit was like Beach Boys Endless Summer to a total metal album.

and then Maladroit to Make Believe reminds me of going from metal to prog rock.  Whereas Maladroit was Riff driven, Make Believe was structured and told a story

thats some beautiful  insight man.

Schnerk said:
Pink to Green. Green has 3 part harmony in almost every song, the tempos are generally all much faster, guitar tone much cleaner, bass parts don't do a lot in the higher octaves (a Matt characteristic), and the most obvious of course, much more perfected production value.
Indeed. You make some very good points.

sarah leeper said:
thats some beautiful  insight man.

Schnerk said:
Yea I agree. I'd say the biggest change that "stuck" was from Pinkerton to Green, though.

THE NÄRD DOG said:
I feel like this is so obvious but blue to Pinkerton.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video