Everyone always hates on this song, but do you think people would listen to it more and appreciate it more had it not been a single and received ultra over radio play?

 

Are there any other good weezer songs that "single status" has tainted?

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think we are all on drugs got single tainted too. 
I love all of Make Believe, full stop. Don't know why people hate on it...
We Are All On Drugs got tainted the minute Rivers decided to use the Diarrhea song's melody for the verses.

The dreWid said:
I think we are all on drugs got single tainted too. 

Agreed 100%.

I don't mind the fact that Beverly Hills was a single, though. I love it and think it was worth it.

The dreWid said:

I think we are all on drugs got single tainted too. 
Beverly Hills has some great guitar solos, as does the rest of Make Believe.  I think it's like anything else that isn't Pink or Blue, it gets hate because of how "poppy" it is, or for using a talk box.....all cool in my book.
I like waaod. I'm just saying that people probably hate it because it's a single.
i don't think that's it...

The dreWid said:
I like waaod. I'm just saying that people probably hate it because it's a single.
Ohh. I like Beverly Hills, but I hate when people only like Beverly Hills.

I love Make Believe but i always skip Beverly Hills. It's just not my type of Weezer, as simple as that.

 

And In regards to We Are All On Drugs, while the music is rockin', this is why it fails as a song:

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

We Are All On Drugs got tainted the minute Rivers decided to use the Diarrhea song's melody for the verses.

The dreWid said:
I think we are all on drugs got single tainted too. 
I don't understand why everybody hates it. I think it's awesome. 

berry rydell said:
i don't think that's it...

The dreWid said:
I like waaod. I'm just saying that people probably hate it because it's a single.
Make Believe is one of my favorite albums, but people hate on it. I guess people feel like "posers" in a way if they listen to Say It Ain't So or Beverly Hills all the time. Because EVERYBODY knows those songs you know? :P
agreed.

THE NARD DOG said:
Ohh. I like Beverly Hills, but I hate when people only like Beverly Hills.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video