Any beachgoers out there? Let's hear some of the strangest things you've seen at the beach. Especially those near Venice, or the Jersey shore.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw a guy wearing socks with his flip flops...

so wrong it's funny http://www.flipflopsocks.com/

One day I was surfing at my home break as some tweakers were spinning donuts on the sand in their jeep. They all got thrown from it when they rolled it and it started on fire. I gleefully watched from the lineup as they attempted to put it out with handfulls of water and sand.

Another, way more positive experience, was surfing at the same spot while some guy sitting on the rocks with a guitar and battery powered amp jammed Hendrix' Voodoo Chile (extremely well) for nearly an hour. It was a windless, kind of gloomy day with a heavy marine layer so the whole scene was kind of surreal.

I just like the birds on the beach. Seriously. They're so beautiful.

BTW I LOVE the beach... but have never been there enough to see anything weird... only beauty... check out this pic I took last year.

?

Mada said:

... surfing at my home break as some tweakers were spinning donuts on the sand in their jeep.

i flucking hate the birds, they poop everywhere.  The most interesting thing I ever saw was a homeless guy, with a full drum kit in a shopping cart, set up his kit and start jambing.  He jambed for a good 3 hours, playing some no-so-homeless beats.  This happened at Venice beach.

the beaches in Michigan kick Venice's butt though.  I've lived in LA, and the beaches there are not nice.  I've lived in Maine, and the beaches in the Northeast are also not nice.

Here's my beach (the sand is softer than anything you've ever felt):

jKlein said:

Spinning brodies.

pandaž! [berry_rydell] said:
?

Mada said:

... surfing at my home break as some tweakers were spinning donuts on the sand in their jeep.

Brofessefef said:

lol - agreed.

jKlein said:

i once had a speedo on and strolled down the beach..................was not a pretty sight at all

I think I speak for all the women on this board when I say...

PIX PLS.

edgey44 said:

i once had a speedo on and strolled down the beach..................was not a pretty sight at all

Also known to the outstanding individuals who regularly participate in the activity as roosting. This is the beach that these guys were tearing up. You can see why don't have a lot of sympathy...

suz{ANNE} said:

Spinning brodies.

OK well I'm a beach bum so I have plenty of stories. Here are a few.

Beach Weirdo #1:

I typically go to one specific beach when I vacation in Greece because it's down the street from my pad and because it is excellent- music, lounge chairs, umbrellas, full service, clean sand and ocean, etc. There's one dude I see every year- seriously I have grown up watching this dude do his thing for like 20 summers in a row. He's unnaturally buff, further evidenced by his protruding brow and receding hairline (picture a blond mullet,) and super-tan. All I have ever seen him do is walk up and down the beach....................in either bright pink or bright neon green speedos. Occasionally he hits on a girl. Last year I felt bad for the poor bastard because now he seems to be hitting on the older touristy women as opposed to the younger cuter gals. I guess he has finally realized his limits.

Beach Weirdo #2:

I believe he is no longer with us as I have not seen him in many years, but he used to frequent Waikiki Beach. Older man, skinny, crazy, super-tan. He would walk along the beach slowly, stop, then strike a pose. Then hold it. And hold it. And hold it. Then go completely back to 'normal,' walk a bit more, then stop and do a different pose. Again, haven't seen him in a long time, but he was a regular back in the day, must have seen him 15 times in a row.

Beach Weirdo #3:

Some stranger's dog. Okay, so more of a story than anything else. Back in college I went camping somewhere up in No-Cal, I forget the name, but it was great. Basically a bunch of sand dunes, and we camped right in the middle of one, lit a fire, got f***** up, played music, talked etc. Anyway, if you walk a bit towards the sea, there is a long drop-off and a beach below. There's a little path you can take down to the beach and one day I did.

So I was strolling along this empty beach, sky covered in clouds, at about 8:30 in the morning. I saw, in the distance, a large object laying in the sand covered with seaweed. As I approached it, I saw that it was an enormous dead sea lion that had been beached. Poor bastard.

So there I was, and because this is before I became jaded with, well.. everything... and before I understood that life is basically b*******, I began to stare at this sea lion and ponder.

I pondered life, love, why are we here, why is anyone here, what am I supposed to do with my life, and did this poor sea lion imagine this would be his fate? What would be my fate? I was having a beautiful moment. Circle of life and all that.

Then some dude's dog came right up to the sea lion and pissed on its head, then ran off.

Take what you want from that story, I'm sure it's a metaphor somehow.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video