I know that thisis a little late but i thought it was awesome that the LCS's both ended with a strikeout.  These K's were both looking and by the teams highest payed player.  The question i'm asking is who do you think will win the WS?

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Babe Ruth thing is where I base my judgement for todays pitchers. I know they spend all their time pitching, but with all that time spent, I always thought they could have better timing and control in the box, and know how to read pitches better, so they get walked.

blakesp26 said:
b/c they are constantly using their arm in an over the head circular motion when pitching, i would imagine it makes it difficult to switch to moving their arms into a swinging motion and be able to hit it hard. also they spend all their time practicing pitching and don't do that much batting practice. there are some pitchers who are good hitters though. Mike Leake from the Reds had a pretty damn good at bat record this season. Wes Obermueller had a near .400 average in '04 or '05. And many people forget that Babe Ruth was a pitcher.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
I always root National League, even if they are a rival. I don't see why pitchers aren't the best base hitters in the world. With all the pitching experience, you'd think they be sluggers!

WZA said:

Kevin said:
I also would like to see the Rangers win. I just can't really root for the Giants since they knocked out my team.

I just can't root for the Giants because I'm a Dodgers fan. GO RANGERS
I see what you mean, but I don't think it really works that way. They are always watching the ball go away from them when pitching, I don't think that really helps them read a pitch any faster. This makes better sense if you are talking about the catcher...they can read pitches very well. which is probably what helped make people like Brian McCain, Ivan Rodriguez, and Mike Piazza such good hitters.

The Babe Ruth thing is where I base my judgement for todays pitchers. I know they spend all their time pitching, but with all that time spent, I always thought they could have better timing and control in the box, and know how to read pitches better, so they get walked.

blakesp26 said:
b/c they are constantly using their arm in an over the head circular motion when pitching, i would imagine it makes it difficult to switch to moving their arms into a swinging motion and be able to hit it hard. also they spend all their time practicing pitching and don't do that much batting practice. there are some pitchers who are good hitters though. Mike Leake from the Reds had a pretty damn good at bat record this season. Wes Obermueller had a near .400 average in '04 or '05. And many people forget that Babe Ruth was a pitcher.

I always root National League, even if they are a rival. I don't see why pitchers aren't the best base hitters in the world. With all the pitching experience, you'd think they be sluggers!

WZA said:

Kevin said:
I also would like to see the Rangers win. I just can't really root for the Giants since they knocked out my team.

I just can't root for the Giants because I'm a Dodgers fan. GO RANGERS

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video