Start saving up \O/

Tags: Cruise2, ElectricBoogaloo

Views: 1444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some details in an update by Sean (rep from Rose Tours) that he posted to the FB Shipmates page based on questions fired at him (poor guy prob doesn't know what he's getting himself into hehe):

"Alright Shipmates, here is your FAQ: 

THEATER: The theater holds half the capacity of the ship at once.
Concerts that are in the theater are done twice so everyone gets to see
them. We break guests up into 2 groups based on either early or late dining.
When you book, you can choose early (6PM) or late (8:30PM). You don't have
to go to dinner at this time, because you can eat on the lido deck buffet at your leisure. 

SEATING IN THE THEATER: Seats in the first 6 rows are first assigned to those who purchase Suites, 8M, 8D, 8C & 8B cabins. Once those seats are assigned, all other seats are assigned by time of booking. The sooner you book, the better your seat.

I don’t have an exact number of how many events will be in the theater, but everyone will get a weezer concert, a few other concerts and possibly another events. There will be many other events in other venues on the ship, which will be general admission.

THE BEACH CONCERT: The beach concert will be GA, but those who book FIRST will have FIRST access to the Island. Here is how that works. The beach
concert will be located on an Island just off of Nassau. This island is
reached by a tender (a smaller boat). Guests will be assigned tender tickets with a time to board the tender. All guest will be assigned a ticket based on the time they booked. Meaning that guests who book first, regardless of cabin they booked, will get the best spots on the beach. 

FRONT ROW GIVEAWAY: You are hearing this first! All guests who book a non-preferred cabin (everything except the suites, 8M, 8D, 8C & 8B) during the pre-sale will be entered into a drawing for FRONT ROW seats. There will be a drawing for the early & late dining. 

SCHEDULE: We are hard at work on a schedule that ensures everyone gets to see each band at least once. There will be more events that will be announced as well. The bands will be announced soon, but we typically release the full schedule a few weeks prior to the cruise.

BANDS: The final line up isn't ready just yet, but I think you are gonna be happy! There will be close to the same number of bands as last year. We do
have an extra port this year, but one of those ports will have a beach concert. There will be plenty of concerts, as well as other events, through out the 4 days. 

Someone asked if the shipmates get first peek at the lineup. I think this can be arranged. 

CRUISE ACCOUNTS: All guests need to create a cruise account, no matter who makes the reservation. Create your account by clicking the “Register My Account” link on www.theweezercruise.com. When you make your booking you'll be asked to put in your cabin mates first name, last name and email. As long as it matches what they put in their cruise account it'll pull them into your reservation. 

PAYMENTS: When booking you’ll be given a few options. You can either pay for the cruise all at once, or choose the payment plan. There are 3 payments, deposit, 2nd deposit & final. You can also make payments anytime you like through your cruise account. All payments will go to the next payment due. For example, if your next payment is $500 and you make a $200 payment, the next payment is $300. If you rather wait for the automatic payment, it will be taken from the same credit card as your last payment. You can change a credit card at anytime just call us to make sure the correct card is set up for the auto payment.

All guests can pay for their portion of the cruise on their card. You can put a credit card on your profile if you are making payments. All credit cards are secure and protected. 

PRESALE: An email will be sent out to the last year's cruise lead passengers
on Monday. Since we didn't do the cruise last year, we only have the lead
passengers. If you don’t get the email, give us a call at 215-663-8800 and let us know who you traveled with. As long as we have them on the list, we will give you the code. Please don't share it with anyone who didn't cruise last year.We want to keep it fair so only past cruisers can book. 

ABOUT ROSE TOURS: There were some questions about Rose Tours. We have been doing music charters for about 10 years now. We have done events with New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Rick Springfield, Sammy Hagar, Boyz II Men and more. Our upcoming events include the 5th year with New Kids, the 6th year with Rick, the 3rd year with Backstreet and inaugural cruises with Top Chef: The Cruise and Matchbox Twenty. What makes our events different is we strive to connect artists and their fans not only through music but also through one of kind experiences you can’t get anywhere. Deck Parties, beach parties, games shows, Q&A’s, and that random time you bump into an artist in an elevator are just as important to us as the concerts are. It’s more than a vacation, and way more than just a concert to us. 

As for the question on weezer napkins, we have done napkins before. We get into stuff like that later, so nothing has been decided yet. We pay close attention to those details, so if you have any suggestions let us know and we’ll look into it.

I know the first Weezer cruise was an unbelievable experience, and we have some big shoes to fill. We are up for the challenge and hope you join us on this adventure.

Anything I missed?"

yes...

we better had

suz{ANNE} said:

The hubby and I are officially going as well! We'd better meet up! :)



Lion on the floor (natkat) said:

Feb 13-17! It's happening! Its really really happening \O/

thanks for posting that cherie!  i agree, that guy probably doesn't know what he's getting himself into with weezer fans lol

hope they do a 'golden ticket' type thing again, so that we can have the chance to see both indoor weezer shows..


 
edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

yes...

we better had

suz{ANNE} said:

The hubby and I are officially going as well! We'd better meet up! :)



Lion on the floor (natkat) said:

Feb 13-17! It's happening! Its really really happening \O/

I think they will...I think they (Rose Tours) already see that if they don't replicate all the good points from the last one, the natives will be restless lol

The two main things I took from his update:

1) getting onto the island concert quicker is another incentive for booking earlier

2) drawing for front row seats to all who don't book the preferred cabins (which I bet they decided to do based on ppl complaining abt how the "real fans" can't get close just because they did not pay for a higher priced cabin)... this is also why I'd think they would do some form of the "golden ticket" system, since they will already be doing this front row drawing...it's a similar idea. 


Bill said:

thanks for posting that cherie!  i agree, that guy probably doesn't know what he's getting himself into with weezer fans lol

hope they do a 'golden ticket' type thing again, so that we can have the chance to see both indoor weezer shows..

Edgey, you're going too??? Pretty pretty please? With a cherry on top?



edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

yes...

we better had

suz{ANNE} said:

The hubby and I are officially going as well! We'd better meet up! :)



Lion on the floor (natkat) said:

Feb 13-17! It's happening! Its really really happening \O/

Question for those who went last year - How much did you spend on food/souvenirs on the cruise? Just trying to make sure I budget enough money for those things.

Food was all inclusive. Drinks on the other hand ended up costing the most for me. I'm not sure but I think I spent around $300-$400 on drinks and souvenirs.

suz{ANNE} said:

Question for those who went last year - How much did you spend on food/souvenirs on the cruise? Just trying to make sure I budget enough money for those things.

Hey There,

 

2 big questions I was hoping you, or someone else may know:

 

1) Will there be a pay in full (at time of booking) discount like there was last time

2) If you get a preferred cabin, it says you get to sit in the first 6 rows to ALL reserved seating events in the theater. Does that mean you are going to get to see both of weezer's shows in the theater and not just 1?

 

Thanks a lot,

Chris



Cherrie said:

Some details in an update by Sean (rep from Rose Tours) that he posted to the FB Shipmates page based on questions fired at him (poor guy prob doesn't know what he's getting himself into hehe):

"Alright Shipmates, here is your FAQ: 

THEATER: The theater holds half the capacity of the ship at once.
Concerts that are in the theater are done twice so everyone gets to see
them. We break guests up into 2 groups based on either early or late dining.
When you book, you can choose early (6PM) or late (8:30PM). You don't have
to go to dinner at this time, because you can eat on the lido deck buffet at your leisure. 

SEATING IN THE THEATER: Seats in the first 6 rows are first assigned to those who purchase Suites, 8M, 8D, 8C & 8B cabins. Once those seats are assigned, all other seats are assigned by time of booking. The sooner you book, the better your seat.

I don’t have an exact number of how many events will be in the theater, but everyone will get a weezer concert, a few other concerts and possibly another events. There will be many other events in other venues on the ship, which will be general admission.

THE BEACH CONCERT: The beach concert will be GA, but those who book FIRST will have FIRST access to the Island. Here is how that works. The beach
concert will be located on an Island just off of Nassau. This island is
reached by a tender (a smaller boat). Guests will be assigned tender tickets with a time to board the tender. All guest will be assigned a ticket based on the time they booked. Meaning that guests who book first, regardless of cabin they booked, will get the best spots on the beach. 

FRONT ROW GIVEAWAY: You are hearing this first! All guests who book a non-preferred cabin (everything except the suites, 8M, 8D, 8C & 8B) during the pre-sale will be entered into a drawing for FRONT ROW seats. There will be a drawing for the early & late dining. 

SCHEDULE: We are hard at work on a schedule that ensures everyone gets to see each band at least once. There will be more events that will be announced as well. The bands will be announced soon, but we typically release the full schedule a few weeks prior to the cruise.

BANDS: The final line up isn't ready just yet, but I think you are gonna be happy! There will be close to the same number of bands as last year. We do
have an extra port this year, but one of those ports will have a beach concert. There will be plenty of concerts, as well as other events, through out the 4 days. 

Someone asked if the shipmates get first peek at the lineup. I think this can be arranged. 

CRUISE ACCOUNTS: All guests need to create a cruise account, no matter who makes the reservation. Create your account by clicking the “Register My Account” link on www.theweezercruise.com. When you make your booking you'll be asked to put in your cabin mates first name, last name and email. As long as it matches what they put in their cruise account it'll pull them into your reservation. 

PAYMENTS: When booking you’ll be given a few options. You can either pay for the cruise all at once, or choose the payment plan. There are 3 payments, deposit, 2nd deposit & final. You can also make payments anytime you like through your cruise account. All payments will go to the next payment due. For example, if your next payment is $500 and you make a $200 payment, the next payment is $300. If you rather wait for the automatic payment, it will be taken from the same credit card as your last payment. You can change a credit card at anytime just call us to make sure the correct card is set up for the auto payment.

All guests can pay for their portion of the cruise on their card. You can put a credit card on your profile if you are making payments. All credit cards are secure and protected. 

PRESALE: An email will be sent out to the last year's cruise lead passengers
on Monday. Since we didn't do the cruise last year, we only have the lead
passengers. If you don’t get the email, give us a call at 215-663-8800 and let us know who you traveled with. As long as we have them on the list, we will give you the code. Please don't share it with anyone who didn't cruise last year.We want to keep it fair so only past cruisers can book. 

ABOUT ROSE TOURS: There were some questions about Rose Tours. We have been doing music charters for about 10 years now. We have done events with New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Rick Springfield, Sammy Hagar, Boyz II Men and more. Our upcoming events include the 5th year with New Kids, the 6th year with Rick, the 3rd year with Backstreet and inaugural cruises with Top Chef: The Cruise and Matchbox Twenty. What makes our events different is we strive to connect artists and their fans not only through music but also through one of kind experiences you can’t get anywhere. Deck Parties, beach parties, games shows, Q&A’s, and that random time you bump into an artist in an elevator are just as important to us as the concerts are. It’s more than a vacation, and way more than just a concert to us. 

As for the question on weezer napkins, we have done napkins before. We get into stuff like that later, so nothing has been decided yet. We pay close attention to those details, so if you have any suggestions let us know and we’ll look into it.

I know the first Weezer cruise was an unbelievable experience, and we have some big shoes to fill. We are up for the challenge and hope you join us on this adventure.

Anything I missed?"

Liquor does get pretty expensive.

you can try to sneak in a bottle of something in your luggage, just remember to tip the porter well. though there's no guarantee it will work.

Birdmagon said:

Food was all inclusive. Drinks on the other hand ended up costing the most for me. I'm not sure but I think I spent around $300-$400 on drinks and souvenirs.

suz{ANNE} said:

Question for those who went last year - How much did you spend on food/souvenirs on the cruise? Just trying to make sure I budget enough money for those things.

I definitely feel a bit silly now not having started saving a bit a year ago. As I live in Iceland it's about double what you guys in the US need to pay or more. Airfare is expensive.

I'm kinda surprised there was no thread about a new cruise when I checked a week or two ago after Rivers asked for suggestions for bands on a new cruise a month ago or so. People getting soft.

Hmm ... If there ever was a reason to go to the bank and get a loan, spread it for 12-24 months.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video