So with the new site up and running and it looking like all the members and Karl having accounts I thought it would be a good time to get some support from all the Australian's on this board to get behind a tour down here as we have had some serious lack of Weezer here in the past decade (and more). I figure if the members are going to be here regularly maybe they will see the support there is behind them here and get them to seriously think about touring here.

Recently there has been more hints at a tour approaching with Rivers saying on the old forums that they almost played BDO but the timing wasn't right:

"we almost just signed on for big day out but timing wasn't quite right!

it'll happen!"

There was also the rumors for Weez headlining Soundwave which wasn't the case when the lineup was announced. Then there was the hope that they may have been the third headliner on the second announcement coming in October, which has just been confirmed as being false:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/25395/Weezer-not-playing-...

Over the years there have been many threads on the various boards and petitions to get them here, so lets show them how much we want them to come visit our shores so we can get a taste of how good they are live!

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andrew Fry said:
There was no need to post it in every separate Australia thread since posting bumps the thread to the top anyway.

3 Australia tour threads gets noticed more than one.
Memories Tour 4 Australia said:
Andrew Fry said:
There was no need to post it in every separate Australia thread since posting bumps the thread to the top anyway.

3 Australia tour threads gets noticed more than one.

Perhaps, but it also means that peoples replies about it will continue to be fragmented over a bunch of different threads.
I'm sure there are many fans in Australia who would love to hear the band play. I'm also certain there are many potential new fans who would enjoy hearing them for the first time.
There was a brief interview with Rivers in Sydney's Drum Media last week by the way. Just thought you might like to know. No mention of a tour in Oz though.
Probably best if everyone saves up and goes overseas to see them. Not much chance they will be coming to Australia
I mean, you cannot even pre-order the new albums unless you are a US resident. What kind of crap is that? :(

Matty C | Memories Tour 4 Oz! said:
Probably best if everyone saves up and goes overseas to see them. Not much chance they will be coming to Australia

I mean, you cannot even pre-order the new albums unless you are a US resident. What kind of crap is that? :(

Yeah this is ridiculous, I would have loved to order that with all the extras but we cant get it anywhere!
We definitely need some Weezer action here in Australia. It's been too long guys!
I have given up hope of it ever happening

Haggis McHaggis said:
We definitely need some Weezer action here in Australia. It's been too long guys!
True it may never happen but it's worth showing the weez that we want them back here!

Haggis McHaggis said:
Yeah thats what I thought, but they dont care, unfortunately :(

Haggis McHaggis said:
True it may never happen but it's worth showing the weez that we want them back here!

Haggis McHaggis said:
Kim Jong-Blurkom said:

They should come to Newcastle though. Much better than London. I promise.

yes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video