Weezer Rocks!  The Atlanta show was the best.  Nice small outdoor amphitheater and Rivers covered every corner of it in an energetic, packed set.  Started with "Hash Pipe" then "You gave your love to me softly", Pat was playing some great lead guitar and Brian played a few numbers on the organ.  Rivers asked if we would mind if they tried out some of the upcoming Memories tour on us and the show pretty much took off on a frentic pace from there "Undone" & "Surfwax America" got everybody jumping.  "Hang on" was the only song from Hurley.  "Perfefct Situation", "Tired of Sex", "Say it ain't so" were the band rocking out on stage before Rivers did a solo "Island in the Sun".  Rivers took an extended tour through the crowd for "My name is Jonas" & "Beverly Hills".  So cool to be at the show with my 13 yr old and Rivers Cuomo comes through the crowd and gives me a high 5.  Then Rivers went up to the merchandise stand and started handing out t-shirts before finally getting back on stage for "Pork & Beans" & "Teenage Dirtbag".  Have they even payed that in concert outside of the Reading Festival?  Then jammed into "If you're wondering if I want you to (I want you to)".  The show ended with "Buddy Holly" and all the band grabbing sticks and beating up the drums.  Only a litle over 1 hour and 15 minutes but a great, unforgettable show.  The opening act was definitely raucous.  Hope Memories comes down South.  I won't miss it.  Thanks again to the guys for a fantastic show!.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was an amazing show, but way to short. I was shocked when it ended, I thought there would be another 20-30 minutes. I hate that they played a cover in a set of 15 songs, but You Gave Your Love To Me Softly makes up for that.
SO GREAT! Unlike any other concert i've been too, and only in the best way possible! I was sad they didn't do an encore, but it was still an unforgettable evening!
dlh1231, they had to cut the show when they did. that amphitheatre is in a neighborhood, and their local code will only allow shows to go until 11pm. they finished up at about 10 minutes until 11. i'm sure they didn't want to get fined or anything. but it was an outstanding show. i'll be posting some pictures soon enough, and maybe a vid or two if the sound quality came out okay.
I remember them finishing no later than 10:35. They had time for a few more.

Iron Man Skivvies said:
dlh1231, they had to cut the show when they did. that amphitheatre is in a neighborhood, and their local code will only allow shows to go until 11pm. they finished up at about 10 minutes until 11. i'm sure they didn't want to get fined or anything. but it was an outstanding show. i'll be posting some pictures soon enough, and maybe a vid or two if the sound quality came out okay.
weezer always plays short sets. they play the same amount time when they do and dont headline. when i saw them play with blink 182 they played just about the same time as they did on the red album tour at msg which is in the center of the city and when they headlined bamboozle which is in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere with no locals to worry about. they have so many songs that they can play and they are all somewhat short so they can def toss in a bunch of songs. they should start playing the usual set of songs they would play like the hit singles then do a random bunch of songs but nope all they want to do is come get the show over with and get paid. come on weezer you can def fill a 2 and a half hour set easily.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video