Hey guys. I've been a Weezer fan since third grade and now I'm in ninth. I guess you could say my older brother got me into Weezer. I enjoy them from Blue Album all the way up to Make Believe with some of the Red Album. I have a question though... Is anyone else sad? Is anyone disappointed the direction the band went in the last couple of years? I can see that they're experimenting with new sounds and that's great but I'll have to admit that I think it's just downright terrible. This is my own opinion though. Weezer kind of reminds me of Kiss when they were experimenting with new sounds. It was a great thing, and people were shocked by some of the moves they make, e.g. removing their makeup, disco, and crappy outfits.

 

When I think about Kiss I also think about Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. Peter Criss was "fired" or "quit" for drugs and money problems. Ace Frehley left because he didn't like the direction the band was going. Less rock? THAT IS NOT KISS.

 

Look at Weezer. They're somewhat going the same direction as Kiss. It makes me sick hearing these songs that Weezer sends out to their loving fans. To me they don't even have a Weezer feel to them and it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it, literally.

 

The greatest experience of my life was when I went to my first Weezer concert around 2006. Damn the Make Believe tour was great. Now all of that is gone. Well, for me it is. I would go to a Weezer concert in a heartbeat if they were like their old selves again. That is all just a dream. I think I missed the events for Blue Album and Pinkerton being replayed. Damn, this is s***. Now you guys are reading this piece of s*** complaint with all of these grammar error and I feel like an ass. Maybe I'm just sad that the world around me is changing and one of the big parts of that world was my older brother and Weezer.

 

I can also understand that River's is at peace now and he has a family of his own now, so he wouldn't have any need to make sad songs now that he has a happy life. I don't know...maybe it's the fact that they're getting old and they're going from Weezer to Geezer. I'm done now I guess...

 

 

 

Views: 2008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is ironic because Kiss is Rivers' favorite band. I think you posting the similarities would make him happy.


AcrossTheWeb said:
This is ironic because Kiss is Rivers' favorite band. I think you posting the similarities would make him happy.
Funny how he doesn't favor Gene and Paul. He likes Peter and Ace. So therefore, if he likes Ace Frehley he wouldn't like the direction Kiss went either. So he should actually be INSULTED by that. Just because you have a favorite band doesn't mean you have to like all of the members...

No, only the post was deleted, she's still around...

 

very sneaky though

Brofessefef said:

 

LOL - this made her get up and go?  That was too easy.

Brofessefef said:

 

I love it when people in their mid-twenties act like they've got a firm grasp on life in general.

Asian-Liz Liz said:

Don't be so sad- changes suck, I'm going to turn 26 this weekend and I can tell you life doesn't get any easier when you get older.  SO embrace the changes..easier said than done, but it can be done.  You'd feel less sad if you did!

 

Call me an ass, but I enjoyed almost every song they've put out (even the "crappy" ones).  I venture to say I am kind of afraid to even say that since I get crap from "true fans."  I don't know my music taste is all over the place and I really enjoyed the new album.  Memories hit hard with me *tear* haha

 

In any case, cheer up!!

It's abit annoying that they aren't like they were, I mean that now they definetely aren't as popular in the music industry, for example they aren't in the charts that much and they aren't in magazines as much etc. I think the best time for them was The Green album era because everyone was excited that they were having a new album after nearly 5 years and it would be the first album that their new bassist would appear on.
It makes me mad how on the guitar center sessions interview rivers was talking about the power of the guitar and now he doesnt even play for half of each concert. Lame, IMO.

No one makes music like the blue album anymore.  It isn't "the thing".  Any band that stays around long enough will change.  Think Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, on and on....

 

Alternative songs like Say it Ain't So are what i grew up listening to, so they are always my favorite, but no one makes music like that anymore.  I miss it. 

 

I mean really, there isn't even such a thing as "alternative' anymore.  They call it Indy and emo and a hundred other words I don't care for. 

If the band put out the same album for 21 years, we would all get sick of it and Weezer would struggle to even stay relevant. 
The change keeps us on our toes and honestly has me wishing for more at this point. I actually LOVED Raditude foe the most part. With the exception of In The Mall and Love Is The Answer, I feel it was an okay record. Sure it's not the old Weezer, but who cares, it's Weezer and it's listenable. I'm probably going to get some s*** for that, but I don't care,

Agree!

bringbackbiebs [Midway's Finest] said:

If the band put out the same album for 21 years, we would all get sick of it and Weezer would struggle to even stay relevant. 
The change keeps us on our toes and honestly has me wishing for more at this point. I actually LOVED Raditude foe the most part. With the exception of In The Mall and Love Is The Answer, I feel it was an okay record. Sure it's not the old Weezer, but who cares, it's Weezer and it's listenable. I'm probably going to get some s*** for that, but I don't care,

I think it's safe to say that about 90% of the people still writing on these boards wish Weezer would go back to their Pinkerton-era style. But it just won't happen. Rivers is happily married with a kid. He's getting older, and not having the emotional turmoil he experienced in the Harvard days. They have moved on. I personally thought Hurley was a step in the right direction, as shitty as DTFM was. Putting out Pinkerton DX and going on the Memories tour were smart moves by Rivers, as he knows that the Weezer cult will come out in droves whenever they even hint at going back to the garage and pulling out the old stuff. Personally, Weezer is my favorite band on the planet. I'm with them through thick and thin and I try to appreciate everything they do, even if it's as crappy as Raditude.

I get where your coming from but when I think about bands getting older I think of the Beatles. Most of the music there known for was later in their career. Maybe yeah the songs now aren't as sad and Pinkerton/Blue-ish but, the songs that are good are GREAT. The amount of good quality drops with age but the few songs that are of good quality are even better. They're experienced now is what I'm saying....I think.

Mhmm

Patricia Joy Wiemers said:

Agree!

bringbackbiebs [Midway's Finest] said:

If the band put out the same album for 21 years, we would all get sick of it and Weezer would struggle to even stay relevant. 
The change keeps us on our toes and honestly has me wishing for more at this point. I actually LOVED Raditude foe the most part. With the exception of In The Mall and Love Is The Answer, I feel it was an okay record. Sure it's not the old Weezer, but who cares, it's Weezer and it's listenable. I'm probably going to get some s*** for that, but I don't care,

The Beatles are The Beatles. Weezer is and never will be The Beatles. You cannot expect Rivers to write the same damn song over and over again. I have to agree with some others, I do like Ratitude except for In The Mall and Love Is The Answer. Yes it is way too poppy, but there are quality songs on it. Hurley was an awesome leap forward for Weezer. It took me months and months of listening and readings posts about it before it clicked but once it did I was stoked. DTFM was pretty bad. But oh well. I love the direction Weezer is going in...... The fact that they are touring and making music is the only direction we should all care about.

Jordan Almodovar said:

I get where your coming from but when I think about bands getting older I think of the Beatles. Most of the music there known for was later in their career. Maybe yeah the songs now aren't as sad and Pinkerton/Blue-ish but, the songs that are good are GREAT. The amount of good quality drops with age but the few songs that are of good quality are even better. They're experienced now is what I'm saying....I think.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video