It seems to me like most Weezer fans can't stand Raditude. I love it myself and think it's a cool album, so my question is, who else enjoys it?

Tags: Anyone, Appreciate, Does, Enjoy, Like, Love, Raditude, Weezer

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's like one of my children, I love them all equally!
i like raditude. not as much as the other albums but it's still good. for me the biggest clunker is the girl got hot. not sure what it is. just don't like it.
Like is a relative word for it. I like most of Raditude, just don't love it... I'm Your Daddy &The Girl Got Hot are my Favorite tracks.
I could easily say I didn't like it IF you meant the standard version, but the deluxe Raditude has some great songs. I can dig:

1. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
3. The Girl Got Hot
6. Trippin' Down the Freeway
10. I Don't Want to Let You Go
12. Run Over by a Truck
13. The Prettiest Girl in the Whole World

But I'd mostly leave the rest. Seriously, though, how could a Weezer fan hate Trippin' Down The Freeway or Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World?!? Those songs alone would make any album a hit. Also, and I promise I'm not being sarcastic, I loved Make Believe.
I LOVE Raditude. In the mall is just a dreadful song thats a disgrace to music, but thats really the only trully horrible thing i can say about it. Cant Stop Partying, Girl got hot and I want you to a all great gems from the album, and the rest are all decent songs. I see nothing wrong with the album, and all my friends who arn't major weezer fans love it the most, especially cant stop partying. I'de give the album a 7/10
What's wrong with In The Mall???

America said:
I LOVE Raditude. In the mall is just a dreadful song thats a disgrace to music, but thats really the only trully horrible thing i can say about it. Cant Stop Partying, Girl got hot and I want you to a all great gems from the album, and the rest are all decent songs. I see nothing wrong with the album, and all my friends who arn't major weezer fans love it the most, especially cant stop partying. I'de give the album a 7/10
i like Raditude
It has ups and downs like all Weezer albums, but on the whole I enjoy it.
but seriously. whats with the girl got hot. it's the only song i can't really get into. the story has no closure. i like in the mall and can't stop partying and songs that seem to be popularly hated amongst others. but girl got hot? meh
It's about a girl who at school wasn't hot and then she got older and got hot. Simples!

jamesmadrox said:
but seriously. whats with the girl got hot. it's the only song i can't really get into. the story has no closure. i like in the mall and can't stop partying and songs that seem to be popularly hated amongst others. but girl got hot? meh
Can't believe all the negative comments about 'Everyone' in the DTFM thread when there are so many positive comments about raditude. Run Over by a Truck and PGITWWW are great, but were obviously left off the album because they didn't fit it. On the actual album, only Trippin' is any good. The rest of it is TERRIBLE. I'm Your Daddy, Girl Got Hot, Can't Stop Partying, In The Mall and Love is the Answer are (along with Cold Dark World) the bands worst songs and all feature on the album.

Hurley I feel only has Where's My Sex? as a true awful track, but has Run Away, Unspoken, Ruling Me, Hang On, Time Flies and Brave New World which stand out as great modern weezer tracks.

Some comments here are mad. I don't really see how this album is more 'pop' than stuff like Green, Make Believe and, to an extent, Blue. Weezer has always had a 'pop' sound, but this album is just terrible, disposable and thoughtless. Even the band admit this (many of Pat's comments suggest this; around the release Brian said some things that could be interpreted as negative and Rivers has often suggested in interviews he felt the need to move away from that sound due to a negative response).

To say fans don't like it because they felt alienated by it's pop appeal ignores that prior to Hurley (which was released on a much smaller label) this was the bands biggest flop at the time. I know we have to take into account decreased sales generally, but it still shows that the rejection of the album was more universal. It's because of the quality of the songs.
I don't think Hurley is anywhere near as good as Raditude. To say no thought went into Raditude is ridiculous - it is meticulously produced, everything is in the right place exactly. I'm still perplexed as to why people think the songs on Raditude are somehow childish and shallow compared to earlier songs.

Amuro said:
Can't believe all the negative comments about 'Everyone' in the DTFM thread when there are so many positive comments about raditude. Run Over by a Truck and PGITWWW are great, but were obviously left off the album because they didn't fit it. On the actual album, only Trippin' is any good. The rest of it is TERRIBLE. I'm Your Daddy, Girl Got Hot, Can't Stop Partying, In The Mall and Love is the Answer are (along with Cold Dark World) the bands worst songs and all feature on the album.

Hurley I feel only has Where's My Sex? as a true awful track, but has Run Away, Unspoken, Ruling Me, Hang On, Time Flies and Brave New World which stand out as great modern weezer tracks.

Some comments here are mad. I don't really see how this album is more 'pop' than stuff like Green, Make Believe and, to an extent, Blue. Weezer has always had a 'pop' sound, but this album is just terrible, disposable and thoughtless. Even the band admit this (many of Pat's comments suggest this; around the release Brian said some things that could be interpreted as negative and Rivers has often suggested in interviews he felt the need to move away from that sound due to a negative response).

To say fans don't like it because they felt alienated by it's pop appeal ignores that prior to Hurley (which was released on a much smaller label) this was the bands biggest flop at the time. I know we have to take into account decreased sales generally, but it still shows that the rejection of the album was more universal. It's because of the quality of the songs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video