It seems to me like most Weezer fans can't stand Raditude. I love it myself and think it's a cool album, so my question is, who else enjoys it?

Tags: Anyone, Appreciate, Does, Enjoy, Like, Love, Raditude, Weezer

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stefan said:
I like it. I don't try to compare it to other weezer albums though. Compared to most modern pop albums, I think it's really amazing, but compared to the other weezer albums its kinda.. meh

i agree. i really love the deluxe tracks more than the regular album, but its not soo bad. its just not real weezer.
I LOVE it!
I think to say that Pinkerton is one of the 50 or so "perfect" albums is crazy. There are more genres than just pop/rock, don't forget jazz and rap and all that, and when you take your 50 and divide it into all the genres of pop music, you're left with maybe 10 albums for pop/rock, and to call Pinkerton one of the 10 perfect pop/rock albums of all time seems like a stretch to me. Pinkerton was very influential in alternative music, but in a very very specific way, and it certainly isn't "perfect", its simply a masterpiece. And I think that Raditude, Red, and Green are very near perfect "pop" albums, in that they flow very well, accomplish their goals, are daring (except maybe green), and smartly written.

CrackerJack said:
what has musical taste gone too??

Raditude is a cool, fun album. But if you think raditude is a "fantastic" album, and to quote "a near perfect album, like red and green" you need to rethink your taste in music.

Red and green are far from perfect. There are about...50 albums, ever, that are perfect. Pinkerton is one.

and while green is a great album, along with almost every other weezer album, by no means are they perfect.
yes, definitely, i agree - rad is best post-pinkerton after green - red not far behind

anarchocapitalist said:
no way dude, no way.

Krambo42 said:
I like it a lot. I think it's better than Red, Maladroit and Make Believe.
totally agree

Ross Thomas said:

Hurley seems like a step backwards after Rad, more a collection of songs rather than an album.
Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
To each their own. It's cool to see how different people's opinions are on here. Example, I personally think Can't Stop Partyin' is one of the best Weezer tracks every recorded. I thought lil weezey fit perfectly, but then I hear a song like "Thought I knew", and skip it everytime. Maybe I just don't like Brian's voice or song writing style. The never liked Space Twins/Relationship.

Mireya Lopez said:
i liked it...the only thing i didnt like, that i thought they made a wrong turn was that song with lil wayne...cant stop partying....i just dont see it as a weezer song=/ weezy and weezer dont mix..
I like it :) I'm your daddy rocks :) And the songs are really catchy I think :)
You are so right when you say that when most people speak up , it's something negative. They want to b****, and carry on. It's one thing to share in an honest way, than to be destructive, and down right rude and mean; and stir up trouble! Why can't people focus on whats good, and learn to share what's good about Weezer, and the music! That is why I posted "This Is Such A Pity" not long ago.This is why I have a hard time with chat rooms! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa7tcAd0hj4
about

Matt Murphy said:
I enjoy it. I enjoy all of their albums. And I have been listening to this band since I saw the video for Undone on Mtv when I was 14. Do they have songs on their albums that I care for less than others? Yes. Do I come on message boards and cry about it? No. But the most vocal people are always the one's who don't like something. Seriously. The only time people vocalize their opinions are when they're unhappy. When was the last time you praised a manager at a retail store or restaurant for an employees good work? How many of you take their satisfaction surveys unless you're pissed? Think about it. I suggest the Weezer "fans" on this site try enjoying the music from a band you like, instead of getting all pissy because each album doesn't sound like Pinkerton. Thank you Weezer; I, and many other true fans, enjoy and respect what you do.
I apologize for the b word in my current reply. I'm frustrated in people being so destructive.
Thanks for being so nice Patricia. It's rare to see nice people on message boards. Usually people think they can say whatever they want because they are on the internet and have no repercussions, so negativity is the new norm. It's refreshing to see someone want to talk about positives.

Not to say everyone on =w=.com is negative. In fact, these boards are A LOT more positive than they used to be. Back in 2003, a "Favorite weezer song" topic would first be "flamed" for the audacity to ask fellow fans their favorite songs, and then the responses would be exclusive to blue/pink. Now, I read topics/posts about people actually enjoying Make Believe, it's amazing.

Patricia Joy Wiemers said:
I apologize for the b word in my current reply. I'm frustrated in people being so destructive.
Raditude is one of those albums when on any given day, my opinion on it would be different every day.
I think if it wasn't weezer that released it, it would be considered a decent record, nicely produced with some catchy songs....but i guess we're all waiting for the next Blue album. If Your Wondering If I Want you to is a great song, the riffage on Get me Some is brilliant...and everybody always, and I mean always, laughs at the rapping in Can't Stop Partying when I play it for friends. Not a great record, but hey, they have a lot to live up to considering that the first four Weezer records were absolutely. f******. BRILLIANT.
What's wrong with the rapping in Can't Stop Partying?

jm crosby said:
I think if it wasn't weezer that released it, it would be considered a decent record, nicely produced with some catchy songs....but i guess we're all waiting for the next Blue album. If Your Wondering If I Want you to is a great song, the riffage on Get me Some is brilliant...and everybody always, and I mean always, laughs at the rapping in Can't Stop Partying when I play it for friends. Not a great record, but hey, they have a lot to live up to considering that the first four Weezer records were absolutely. f******. BRILLIANT.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video