I dig Weezer and all, but the real reason I found my way to this forum was because of this guy:

Jake's been the hardest core (if you question his devotion, check the custom Bokkus shirt that he rocked at the SF Blue show) of =W= fans for two of his eight years, with no signs of slowing down. Much of his spare time is spent shredding away on his Gremlin Strat copy and studying everything there is to know about the band and their music. We'd love to know if there are any other kids out there who share his level of hero worship, and who might be interested in becoming pen pals with him.

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha! Classic! Didn't "How could I have known that you would even like Weezer?" work? It's cool to know that there are other like minded souls out there. The biggest moment in Jake's life so far was seeing Weezer live and getting high fived by Rivers during Hash Pipe. That night is undoubtedly burned into his memory bank for good.

jKlein said:
My older son, Levi, came up to me a few weeks ago and he had his arms crossed and he angrily asks "WHY DIDN'T YOU NAME ME RIVERS???!?!?!!??!!" After I got done wiping my tears from laughing so hard I answered "Your nickname is 'Levers' isn't that enough?"

I might take Levi to a show next year if they come around.

It was funny yesterday because my mother in law and her dad came by for a minute and she told my younger son "I heard you've been singing songs lately! Sing me one!" (which he doesn't understand her and he doesn't talk)

I played "No Other One" and sure enough he sang it for her (similar to the video I posted).. I thought she was going to cry!

Mada said:

Haha! Classic! Didn't "How could I have known that you would even like Weezer?" work? It's cool to know that there are other like minded souls out there. The biggest moment in Jake's life so far was seeing Weezer live and getting high fived by Rivers during Hash Pipe. That night is undoubtedly burned into his memory bank for good.

jKlein said:
My older son, Levi, came up to me a few weeks ago and he had his arms crossed and he angrily asks "WHY DIDN'T YOU NAME ME RIVERS???!?!?!!??!!" After I got done wiping my tears from laughing so hard I answered "Your nickname is 'Levers' isn't that enough?"

Wow... I don't know much about autism, but that seems like a pretty powerful breakthrough. Thanks for sharing that story.

jKlein said:

It was funny yesterday because my mother in law and her dad came by for a minute and she told my younger son "I heard you've been singing songs lately! Sing me one!" (which he doesn't understand her and he doesn't talk)

I played "No Other One" and sure enough he sang it for her (similar to the video I posted).. I thought she was going to cry!

Oh btw since ppl are sharing their Rivers influenced photos of their child... here's mine... with a comparison... actually I didn't mean for him to look like Rivers but afterwards I was like "This photo looks creepishly familiar..." LOL

Well.. here's a little about my son. He'll be 5 in August. He does not talk at all. He doesn't seem to understand most of what we say. He has never even said "mama". A couple months ago I was doing as I normally do and was playing "Holiday" while straightening my hair. This was the day before the video I posted on this thread. To my great shock I heard him humming. At first I thought he was just humming but then I realized he was doing it to the song. I hurried up and grabbed my camera. I was overwhelmed by emotion. I had tears in my eyes yet I was laughing at the same time. I just couldn't believe it. The most powerful thing of all is when we sing the songs together. I feel like I'm somewhat communicating with him. That means so much to me. Ok I need to stop... I'm getting tears in my eyes again, haha.

Mada said:

Wow... I don't know much about autism, but that seems like a pretty powerful breakthrough. Thanks for sharing that story.

jKlein said:

yeah me too.

Michael Barrios said:
I'm 14, if that counts.

Once I stopped laughing at the thought of someone straightening their hair while listening to Holiday, I started to realize what an intense experience that must have been. He sounds like a pretty special kid, for sure. It must be the blond hair, but He looks alot like my little guy.

jKlein said:

Well.. here's a little about my son. He'll be 5 in August. He does not talk at all. He doesn't seem to understand most of what we say. He has never even said "mama". A couple months ago I was doing as I normally do and was playing "Holiday" while straightening my hair. This was the day before the video I posted on this thread. To my great shock I heard him humming. At first I thought he was just humming but then I realized he was doing it to the song. I hurried up and grabbed my camera. I was overwhelmed by emotion. I had tears in my eyes yet I was laughing at the same time. I just couldn't believe it. The most powerful thing of all is when we sing the songs together. I feel like I'm somewhat communicating with him. That means so much to me. Ok I need to stop... I'm getting tears in my eyes again, haha.

Haha I can kinda see it :)

btw I was playing the blue album and Holiday just so happened to playing LOL!! I meant I was playing music like I normally do.

Im not a weez kid but im an Indiekid

Indiekid said:
Im not a weez kid but im an Indiekid
Same with me :)

THE NÄRD DOG said:
if 14 does count, then i'm a weezer kid too!

Michael Barrios said:
I'm 14, if that counts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service