I’d like to experiment with you if you’d like to experiment with me.

To start us off, I’ve written a song which I think has potential (though I have no internal quality control, so it might be rubbish.)

The idea for the experiment is rather vague at the moment. The initial thought was to give the basic outline of the song and for people to contribute their own
bits (vocals, guitar, piano, or any other instrument you desire) and have
someone put them together so we have a finished track.

The second idea was to give the basic outline of the song and perhaps have a little competition to see who produces the best interpretation.

I don’t know if anyone would be interested in this, but it might be fun and it would be interesting to see how everyone would approach it.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. If not, have a merry Christmas.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's all in your mind.

Can there be such a thing as too sexual?

Taylor Keefe said:

Let's Write a Sawng?

Whatever though. I'm into it.

P.S. "I'd like to experiment with you if you'd like to experiment with me" sounds a little too sexual for these boards.

Cool. What do you play?

Perhaps we could have a competition to see who can write the best song based on a certain theme? Have a little poll at the end. See how people feel.

I'm down...lets make some music!
I'm down lets do this. See how you all are when it comes to actually making a good song.
Sure, that'd be fun!

So we just need an idea/theme to start this up...

Suggestions????

There is a girl and a guy who are in love. Typical I know..but wait!....They have knowledge of a foreseen disaster that will kill them along with everyone else on the planet...like a meteor or something...and we build from that.
To start us off, I'm going to upload a guitar part some lyrics all of which open to be changed. This is just a jumping off point. The theme of this particular song is I suppose of isolation and of going out with a lady, not because you like her but because it's better than being alone.

I will do this later today.
I'm out.

ASG said:
To start us off, I'm going to upload a guitar part some lyrics all of which open to be changed. This is just a jumping off point. The theme of this particular song is I suppose of isolation and of going out with a lady, not because you like her but because it's better than being alone.

I will do this later today.
Record it to a click, upload parts seperately and I'll have a look at it man, would be interesting.
Will try to do tomorrow. Been at home for the holidays and the net connection has been rubbish.

captain kumquat said:
Record it to a click, upload parts seperately and I'll have a look at it man, would be interesting.
The song has been uploaded. It needs to be re-recorded but I think this will do for now.

The guitars are tuned half a step down.
The tempo is 100.

The idea behind this was to get more worked up, culminating in a screaming fit of pain at the end. But that's just my interpretation. Lyrics in brackets represent backing vocals.

Remember, everything is up for debate. If no-one is feeling this we can scrap it and start from scratch.

Also, if you could list the instruments you can play and record (including vocals) that would be great.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cab8w14284s22wg

I got no pride (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
I got no pride (No, no, no)
I got no pride
I let it go

Time is running out
I'm still alone
I'm ready to settle
To have a home

Settle for less (Yeah, yeah, yeah)