I'm wondering if there are any other academics poking around on this site. This 'nerd' thing has been taken to its extreme in my case: I find myself pursuing a PhD! Holey-Moley! I would love to  establish communications with other academics - let's consider the extent to which an early Weezer influence contributed to a commitment to the nerd lifestyle par excellance.

What do you study?

While contemporary analytic metaphysics & logic are my main research interests, I have spent the last few years seriously studying the works of Friedrich Nietzsche. In my spare time I've been working on an essay comparing Pinkerton to Nietzsche's 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'. Have you ever seen those 'Philosophy of such-and-such' books? Like Philosophy and the Simpsons or whatnot... Well, I'm good friends with the gentleman who edited and wrote for the 'Philosophy and Steven Colbert' book, and after discussing it with him I've had the idea to collect essays on Weezer in philosophy. I'm writing mine....... let me see what you've got!

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't even realize this was an old thread and saw your first comment and thought..."dang they won't cut berry some slack"
CUTSLACKBRO. ONA TABLET!

Luigi said:
I didn't even realize this was an old thread and saw your first comment and thought..."dang they won't cut berry some slack"

Old thread, but currently getting my master's in biology, focus on ecology evolution and behavior (well I technically start in August, but already active at the school). Doing work in an evolutionary bio lab focusing on bird song development in swamp sparrows. Going for PhD in 2 years or so. Hoping to get into Duke, into their canine cognition lab. I want to study human-dog coevolution.

And Luigi, sup bio nerd buddy with the same time frame?

depending on my exams.......i will re-post here in july

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video