I have a question about Angel and the One....what is it about? Does anyone know...have an idea?

I went to a lecture and they discussed Mindfulness Meditation and then we tried it....

Long story short I heard this song the next day and hearing it reminded me of what I felt like when I was doing the meditation.  

Is this what is going on in the song? Is it going through some meditation processto come to peace and acceptance?

(I hope this is the right area to post this)

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I've read, Rivers jusy strummed the same guitar pattern for a day, until he came up with the song structure.

The song is the same chord progression repeated, with emphasis on different repeats.

I could see this song being inspired, if not made entirely possible, by meditation.  The repetition and monotony of certain parts make the song very concentrated and focus, like meditation.
From what I've read, Rivers jusy strummed the same guitar pattern for a day, until he came up with the song structure.

The song is the same chord progression repeated, with emphasis on different repeats.

I could see this song being inspired, if not made entirely possible, by meditation.  The repetition and monotony of certain parts make the song very concentrated and focus, like meditation.
I was on mobile and it decided to post twice.  i really did appreciate your comment though.  made me laugh.

Brofessefef said:
You can say that again.

That is really interesting. I didn't even think about that. Now i love the song even more I was thinking more of the way the lyrics go with the analysis of his feelings/emotions and then there is them acceptance and clarity and especially with what he is actually saying "that deeper peace is penetrating". And purple majesty is maybe reference to inner wisdom/spiritual fulfillment it's the crown chakra which has to do with being one with the world and spiritual fulfillment. It's like he found this wonderful thing and now he wants to share it. What do you think?
' Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I really don't know what Rivers intended the lyrics to mean.

I found comfort in this song when I had to break up with a girlfriend back in 2009.

"It's not my destiny to be the one that you will lay with" - I interpreted this as the girl I was with, we just weren't mean to be

"So many reasons why I have to go, but want to stay here" - I really wanted to stay with her, but I also didn't want to live in California anymore

"Sometime I want to taste, but then I don't know what I'm saying" - my general confusion.  I had wanted to move to Los Angeles ever since I was in high school.  Now here I was, living there for 3 years, but the only thing I wanted was to live in Michigan again.

"You are the angel and I am the one, that is praying" - She was such a sweet, honest, loving girl, but she didn't want to leave California.  I knew I was going to break her heart.  So in my eyes, she was the angel and I was praying for forgiveness.

"There is another love, that I would rather be obeying" - this is the love of the town I came from, and the love from my family, who I missed dearly

"I see the ecstasy, and already I'm anticipating" - my general excitement about moving back to Michigan

"I feel a deeper peace, and that deeper peace is penetrating" - me coming to terms with my decision to break up with Jamie (my gf at the time) and move back to Michigan

"I've got the magic in me, I am complete is what I'm saying" - realizing that I am a powerful creative spirit, and can be creative no matter where I am on earth (one of the main reasons I moved to LA was to try and get a Kids show in production)

"i'm flying up so high, my purple majesty displaying" - after I'd come to terms with my decision, I took it and ran, becoming more and more confident with myself

"I've reached a higher place, that no one else can make a claim at" - a state of mind.  confidence and positive thoughts that not even a break up could taint

"I'll take you there my friend, i'm reaching out my hand so take it" - this was me offering Jamie a trip back to Michigan with me, if she wanted to try life there

"We are the angels, and we are the ones that are praying" - don't have much to relate to this, i think this is honestly more about meditation

"Peace Shalom" - finding peace with whatever I choose

After going through this song, in depth again, it's obvious this is about meditation and the benefits its had on Rivers.  to me though, this song will always remind me of leaving everything I'd made in California and moving back to my true love, the West Coast of Michigan.

Cool! So you kind of did some of your own meditation with the song to come to that state of clarity and peace ( and hopefully happiness). I'm to embarrassed/shy to go line by line what the song said to me but overall if you compare it to Butterfly ( which is a great song but just so painful and sad) it is as if he has gone through some catharsis or has evolved. The song ends with a greater sense of clarity, confidence, and peacefulness. Ps. I'm not sure what I am saying makes sense- it is so hard to put emotion into words
It is hard.  The more I've done it, the easier it becomes.

Natkat128 said:
Cool! So you kind of did some of your own meditation with the song to come to that state of clarity and peace ( and hopefully happiness). I'm to embarrassed/shy to go line by line what the song said to me but overall if you compare it to Butterfly ( which is a great song but just so painful and sad) it is as if he has gone through some catharsis or has evolved. The song ends with a greater sense of clarity, confidence, and peacefulness. Ps. I'm not sure what I am saying makes sense- it is so hard to put emotion into words
Please do not be shy to express yourself. You articulate your ideas succinctly and thoughtfully. I am always curious to read interpretations of lyrics. It can be very subjective and personal.

Natkat128 said:
I know it used to be a standard run-of-the-mill pop song called "Bad Girl" until Rivers transformed it.  It's a very spiritual song.  And easy to play.  Good stuff.
does "bad girl" exist anywhere?

Radioactive said:
I know it used to be a standard run-of-the-mill pop song called "Bad Girl" until Rivers transformed it.  It's a very spiritual song.  And easy to play.  Good stuff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video