Hello everyone,

First allow me to give a brief introduction. The Weezer Cover Project is a channel on YouTube that, simply for the fun of it, records and posts acoustic instrumentals of Weezer songs for people to listen to or sing along with. As the number of songs grew and grew, we began to experiment with collaborating with other YouTubers (is that the right word?). Then we came up with an idea that we wanted to share with everyone and, hopefully, get as many people as we can involved with.

As you may or may not know, next month, Rivers is releasing his third solo album, Alone III. It was stated in a recent interview that this album will contain the last pieces of music that would have made up "Songs From The Black H***", the long-lost space concept album. So here's the plan. Once the album comes out, we would like to have as many fans as we can collaborate
and make a complete fan-made, beginning-to-end, recording of SFTBH. Anyone that would like to contribute bits for the project are more than welcome. No one will be turned away. If you're an ace musician, than your help would be appreciated. If you're not, don't worry. We still want you to participate.

You can contribute as much as you like. If you just want to sing a verse of one song or strum along to a certain song, that's great. If you want to play along on the whole thing, that's great to. In the final version, we might have to pick and choose which parts to use just for the sake of the mix. But again, if you participate, you will be included in the final product. Through our channel, we already have a solid amount of people who are on board with the project, but we can always use more and we really
want true Weezer fans to be a part of this. We need as many different musicians as we can get, and that includes all instruments,not just your standard guitar, bass, drums and synth. Any instrument will do.

Once it's done, we'll stream it online and try to have it for download (free, of course) in as many places as we can.

Right now, we aren't quite ready to accept submissions just yet. Right now, we just want to get a list of as many people who are interested in participating. We should have more details in the next few weeks. Not only do we want people to contribute on the recording, but we also want to involve everyone on creative decisions as well (what should the exact tracklist be, should this song be tweaked, etc).

We thought this might be a fun little experiment to do where Weezer fans can meet and interact with each other and do something unique. I'm not going to say that this is the first time something like this has been tried before. I couldn't venture a guess on that. But it does seem like a one of a kind thing and we want you all to be involved.

If you're interested and want to be in on this, please just leave me a message or comment here or at our YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/WeezerCoversProject. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
The Weezer Cover Project

Tags: SFTBh, black, collaboration, cover, from, h***, online, project, songs, the, More…weezer, youtube

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i can sing/drum.
This sounds fun, I'll try to help
no idea. curious myself.

dlh1231 said:
Can someone please tell me why everyone on this forum calls Songs From the Black H*** "Song From the Black H***"? Anyway, this sounds like a good idea.
I'm in! I can play the piano (and the ukelele, for what it's worth.)
Neat idea.
Can't wait to see what happens with it or maybe contribute something.
I want to make a stop-motion construction paper cut out music video for blast off.

Anyone want to draw, cut out and send me cut-outs to use in the video? I can't draw all that well.

Thinking we'll need a spaceship, a robot (to represent Karl), a bottle of beer.....etc
typos maybe? Don't know why anyone would use the singular when it's a collection of songs (plural).

I think it's funny how this board censors "H-o-l-e".

legendofchin97 said:
no idea. curious myself.

dlh1231 said:
Can someone please tell me why everyone on this forum calls Songs From the Black H*** "Song From the Black H***"? Anyway, this sounds like a good idea.
Id so like to try to contribute this is an awesomely kool idea
Honestly this sounds great and was a pleasure to read. i would be quite honored to participate.

www.youtube.com/christianpap
I'm down, sounds like fun, I'll get my head out of my hands and think of all the times were gonna have
Sounds like fun. Keep updating on here so we know when and what to do. I suck at the guitar but I'll sing ;)
Hello again folks!

First off, I want to thank everyone who has expressed interest in being a part of this project. We've got a really solid group of people from all over the world but we are still open to anyone who wants to participate. So if you're thinking about being a part of this, there is still plenty of time to join up.

I have tried to personally send a message to each person who has left a comment about being a part of the project just to let them know that I got their comment. It's a little tough on this site because you have to be friends with someone first before you can send a message so if you haven't heard from me, please let me know. I would love to say hello.

For those who are interested or are thinking about it and haven't recieved any info yet, I've started an official blog page for anyone to get updates and add feedback (ideas, questions, etc). The page is

http://www.sftbhproject.blogspot.com/

It's only been up for about a week but I've posted instruction on how to submit material, hints and guidelines about submitting stuff as well as a rough idea for a first tracklist with some notes on possible ideas and questions that I want everyone to add input to. I can still be reached here if you have any quetsions or comments (or if you just want to say hello) but I'm also encouraging people to use the blog space because between weezer.com, YouTube, Indaba music and a few other sites, there is about seven different places I'm fielding feedback from and it's easy to get confused on who has contacted me. Also, participants should let me know where they would like me to send them direct messages. The blog is a public forum, but as time goes by, there will be times I will want to share early mixes and other info exclusively with project participants. We got to leave some of this as a surprise.

Well, I think that's quite enough for now. As always, please feel free to contact me anytime. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again to everyone for their help. I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

The Weezer Cover Project

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video