Am I the only one who doesn't totally hate "Cold Dark World"?!

Being the huge Weezer nerd that I am, I've probably read every forum topic on here at least twice, and I've noticed that on several of them, a lot people seem to strongly dislike "Cold Dark World" from the Red Album--even going as far as to say that it's one of Weezer's worst songs (if not THE worst, as I saw more than a few times). Now I'm not saying that I think it's super-duper-mindblowing-ly amazing or anything like that, but I do enjoy it quite a bit and I definitely don't consider it to be one of Weezer's bad seeds at all. Just curious to see some your input and opinions of this song, on both sides. 

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's an alright song, I never understood the hate either. I have similar feeling towards "Heart Songs". Then again, unlike most fans here, I'm a big fan of The Red Album.
Red Album is awesome! I agree, rather underrated too. After Pinkerton and Blue Album, Red Album and Hurley are my next favorite Weezer albums (can't decide between the two to save my life). And the Deluxe tracks on Red?! They're PERFECT! But yes, as to the subject at hand, I neither love or hate "Cold Dark World", but I definitely don't mind it at all.

Dylan Avnet said:
Ya I agree with you, I really like this song as well. I think the red album as a whole is pretty underrated. It's awesome, one of my favorites.
I agree with you, Cold Dark World is a genius song. I'm not a huge fan of all the songs on the Red Album, but this one is great.
Never before have I seen a thread starter inadvertently answer their own question with a typo.
Ehh, it's ok 
I don't understand why so many people hate that cd... it was actually pretty good. Cold Dark World is also a pretty good sond, i honestly think thats one of the better songs on the album.
Haha, jeez! I didn't even notice that I left out "I" in the title. Well, NO WORRIES, I fixed it now. I am deeply, deeply sorry for any problems that this has caused to you and your well-being, sir.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Never before have I seen a thread starter inadvertently answer their own question with a typo.
Though I do think there are some songs off the Red album which are completely abysmal, Cold Dark World isn't one of them. I'd actually go as far to say the 3 last tracks on the album are my favourites. I don't really get all the hate, I find it to be one of the least offensive songs on there.
I love the Red Album and I love the fact that not all lead vocals are Rivers in that album. I really like this song and way it's sung by Scott (correct me if I'm wrong). It's a little creepy but at the same time you want to believe him, but then you wonder if it could be the theme song for Brad Pitt as "Early" in Kalifornia...
"I'm not like the others, I'll be like a brother,
I will protect you, never disrespect you,
but if you need love then I'll be here to sex you."

No matter what anybody says..this has gotta be some of the worst River's lyrics ever. Sorry. I like Red, but cringe everytime i hear this song.
Yo dog it was a joke, wasn't trying to make fun of you or anything.

Christin Orellana said:
Haha, jeez! I didn't even notice that I left out "I" in the title. Well, NO WORRIES, I fixed it now. I am deeply, deeply sorry for any problems that this has caused to you and your well-being, sir.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Yeah, I always thought this was an okay track. It has a cool sound and some of the lyrics are cool (I know some of the lyrics are awful, but hey, at least they're funny awful.) And lolz, gohi.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video