Am I the only one who doesn't totally hate "Cold Dark World"?!

Being the huge Weezer nerd that I am, I've probably read every forum topic on here at least twice, and I've noticed that on several of them, a lot people seem to strongly dislike "Cold Dark World" from the Red Album--even going as far as to say that it's one of Weezer's worst songs (if not THE worst, as I saw more than a few times). Now I'm not saying that I think it's super-duper-mindblowing-ly amazing or anything like that, but I do enjoy it quite a bit and I definitely don't consider it to be one of Weezer's bad seeds at all. Just curious to see some your input and opinions of this song, on both sides. 

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like it. It's not the worse (the worst songs I think (sorry to all you out there) come from Pinkerton) or the best (the best songs come from Death To False Metal). But Cold Dark World might be in my top 25 favorite Weezer songs.
I think it's great.
I like it too. No shame. And like most of the others in this thread, I am a big fan of Red.

Timmy Lunt said:
I like it. It's not the worse (the worst songs I think (sorry to all you out there) come from Pinkerton) or the best (the best songs come from Death To False Metal). But Cold Dark World might be in my top 25 favorite Weezer songs.
Damn. You've got a unique view on Weezer.
hahahaha! I agree. "To each his own" though, I suppose.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Timmy Lunt said:
Damn. You've got a unique view on Weezer.
I like it a lot. I prefer "King" but it's still decent.
I actually really like it...then again there isn't a Weezer song I don't like
King - amazes me it wasn't the lead single! j/k, but still, top 10 =w= songs for sure

Radioactive said:
I like it a lot. I prefer "King" but it's still decent.
every weezer album that doesn't have the title blue or pinkerton is severly underrated.
it's cool song.. i don't get why people disliked it
I am with you. The Red album is a GREAT album!!

Sean_e_b said:
It's an alright song, I never understood the hate either. I have similar feeling towards "Heart Songs". Then again, unlike most fans here, I'm a big fan of The Red Album.
I couldn't agree more!

Scott Alan Perkins said:
every weezer album that doesn't have the title blue or pinkerton is severly underrated.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video