Alone III has yet to be released, but nothing's wrong with creating a wish list for the next installment of Alone, right? 

Being as Alone III is The Pinkerton Era, the next logical era to go into is the Homie and The Rivers Cuomo Band era, right? 

Alone IV Wish List
  1. Autumn in Jayne
  2. Hey My Darlin'
  3. Baby
  4. Fun Time
  5. Sheila Can Do (It)
  6. Sunshine Oh Sunshine
  7. Stay Right Here
  8. 1,000 Years
  9. Never You Mind
  10. Rosemary

(Note: I tried not to completely copy the track list for the cover album that Runners and Lifetaker made.)

Also, Karl mentioned a song called "I've Throw It All Away" as a song that we had to hear, so would it be too much to ask to have it in one of the next installments of Alone?

Anyways, this is my wish list, and if anyone else has songs to add on to the wish list be sure to reply and list them.  Thanks for reading! =w=

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, I guess that wouldn't be a demo...still curious though

Desmond Reed said:
Wasn't there a song called "Softies" at some point? I remember hearing about it being the single for an upcoming album but then it didn't end up even making the final tracklist... was it the Red Album?
I would like to hear Softies, but yeah I agree that putting some Homie demos on the next Alone album would be the best thing to do. I'm thinking Alone IV will be a collection of songs from 1997-2000.
Homie and SS2K =)
I have a theory that Piece of the Pie is actually an early version of I'm Your Daddy because in Weezer Live In Japan, Rivers told his japanese "brothers and sisters" that his favorite song at the moment was Piece of the Pie. And, whenever Rivers was near a piano, he started playing the riff to I'm your Daddy. Coincidence? I think not!!!

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Piece of the Pie (which is a fallen soldier I think, Karl?) ... that's supposedly a great song.  Karl and Rivers both said at one time or another that they loved that.

More stuff off Deliverance at Hand! if possible, acoustic Pig was amazing. 

And of course, HOMIE stuff in demo form, if it exists.  There's a lot of cool songs that we only have fan covers of or crappy bootlegs from 1997 where you can barely really hear it.

Oh and Hot Tub! (The Original version preferred over the Homie era) -- The version we have is okay but like Purification of Water it would be SO much better in a clearer format, ours sounds like a few generations worth of tape.

Those are what I'm aware of.  Obviously there's stuff out there we may not know of.  Tragic Girl, the band forgot about until Pinkerton DE.  So who knows.

Ah, but Alone IV and V are already set.
Ah, and Alone VI consists of covers. 

Rivers Cuomo said:
Come on Rivers... tell me you put Hot Tub on one of those Alones! I know it was on your 4 and 5 star demo list!

Rivers Cuomo said:
What a useless discussion I have started then. lol  Thanks for the reply regardless.  Always nice to read from the source.

Looking forward to the future installments!

Rivers Cuomo said:
If I had known this I would have changed my State Farm wish thing, haha.

Rivers Cuomo said:

Well your theory is wrong.

Rivers originally came up with I'm your daddy because of his daughter, he didn't have a daughter when he wrote piece of the pie.

Which means, i'm still interested to hear that song.

The dreWid said:

I have a theory that Piece of the Pie is actually an early version of I'm Your Daddy because in Weezer Live In Japan, Rivers told his japanese "brothers and sisters" that his favorite song at the moment was Piece of the Pie. And, whenever Rivers was near a piano, he started playing the riff to I'm your Daddy. Coincidence? I think not!!!

Piece of the Pie (which is a fallen soldier I think, Karl?) ... that's supposedly a great song.  Karl and Rivers both said at one time or another that they loved that.

And of course, HOMIE stuff in demo form, if it exists.  There's a lot of cool songs that we only have fan covers of or crappy bootlegs from 1997 where you can barely really hear it.

Oh and Hot Tub! (The Original version preferred over the Homie era) -- The version we have is okay but like Purification of Water it would be SO much better in a clearer format, ours sounds like a few generations worth of tape.

Those are what I'm aware of.  Obviously there's stuff out there we may not know of.  Tragic Girl, the band forgot about until Pinkerton DE.  So who knows.

What I meant is, maybe it used that riff.

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

Rivers originally came up with I'm your daddy because of his daughter, he didn't have a daughter when he wrote piece of the pie.

The dreWid said:

Early versions don't always necessarily keep the same lyrics. See Burndt Jamb or Blast Off. You didn't need to shoot the poor guy down just because he had an idea.

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

The dreWid said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video