I've been waiting for these to come out for a while. SFTBH is really amazing, but without Now I Finally See and What Is This I Find?  its incomplete. It's already the end of march, which is when Rivers last said they were gonna come out. When are Alone III and the Pinkerton Diaries going to come out?

Tags: Alone, Alone:, Black, Cuomo, Diaries, From, H***, Home, Pinkerton, Recordings, More…Rivers, SFTBH, Songs, The, Weezer, of

Views: 1991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I convinced my English teacher to give me an extension on a feature article I did on Pinkerton at the end of March because I was certain that the content I could quote from The Pinkerton Diaries would give me the edge to make an already thorough assignment godly.

it was all for nothing.

how can a book that has such little original writing (i assume) be delayed for so long? i mean pinkerton de was delayed for the book.

I'm guessing that this book is probably really low on Rivers' list of priorities atm (collabs, concerts, cruises). Feels more like a lark at this point. He was very excited about it when he talked to me and Runners about it, though.

hmm - he has nothing to do with the cruise except show up. im sure the collabs aren't daily or even close to it, and weezer only plays on the weekends and flies private. 

Gohi said:

I'm guessing that this book is probably really low on Rivers' list of priorities atm (collabs, concerts, cruises). Feels more like a lark at this point. He was very excited about it when he talked to me and Runners about it, though.

Makes it even sadder that he places the book below those, eh?

Naw, I dunno. Feels like there's not much momentum behind this project anymore, though. I hope we get a pre-order page soon at least... lol. Didn't he say he was gonna get the proofs soon?

I am still confused about Songs from the black h***. I know this is a little off topic. Was the plot of the opera ever finished. I understand the album was never finished, but based on the track list 2, it seems like there should be more songs to come after what is this I find. Was there an ending to it that Rivers never finished, or was longtime sunshine supposed to end it or what?
It wasn't finished I don't think. I'm thinking that The Pinkerton Diaries will likely expose what stage SFTBH was at before being shelved.

Max said:
I am still confused about Songs from the black h***. I know this is a little off topic. Was the plot of the opera ever finished. I understand the album was never finished, but based on the track list 2, it seems like there should be more songs to come after what is this I find. Was there an ending to it that Rivers never finished, or was longtime sunshine supposed to end it or what?

This might sound stupid, but Weezer has been performing a lot of SFTBH-songs live. Rivers said they were working on those songs.. Maybe he has changed plans and They're now re-recording SFTBH? 

Just guessing ofc....

Rivers said before playing LTSS that they had been working on the new version for a few weeks before its debut.

Songs From the Black H*** songs that have been performed this year:

Blast Off! (w/ reworked lyrics)
Longtime Sunshine (w/ reworked arrangement)
I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
Devotion (no video/audio/fan report's yet to surface of this so we're not sure if it's been altered)
+ the first four songs off Pinkerton.

Tragic Girl has been worked on as a band and it's reported that it will debut on the cruise. While nothing states it was ever considered for Songs From the Black H***, it's difficult to tell without a COR number. If it was written around the same time as the only other undocumented released song in the COR, You Won't Get With Me Tonight, there's a chance it too could have been written for the rock opera but didn't fit into either of the two tracklists.

Modernslob said:

I know that they played longtime sunshine and blast off,that is considered "a lot"?Do you have a link for "Rivers said that they were working on those songs?"

Jens Van Avondt said:

This might sound stupid, but Weezer has been performing a lot of SFTBH-songs live.

stop f****** up this thread with your rerecording b*******. take it someplace else. the only purpose of this thread is to laughably critique the time it has taken to get a scrapbook released.

Thanks.. I hope they'll start playing Tragic Girl live.. It's such a nice song

And Sorry Gene, I'll leave your topic, okay

Jamekae said:

Rivers said before playing LTSS that they had been working on the new version for a few weeks before its debut.

Songs From the Black H*** songs that have been performed this year:

Blast Off! (w/ reworked lyrics)
Longtime Sunshine (w/ reworked arrangement)
I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
Devotion (no video/audio/fan report's yet to surface of this so we're not sure if it's been altered)
+ the first four songs off Pinkerton.

Tragic Girl has been worked on as a band and it's reported that it will debut on the cruise. While nothing states it was ever considered for Songs From the Black H***, it's difficult to tell without a COR number. If it was written around the same time as the only other undocumented released song in the COR, You Won't Get With Me Tonight, there's a chance it too could have been written for the rock opera but didn't fit into either of the two tracklists.

My mother still hasn't finished a scrapbook for me that she began when I was 7. I am 22 now.

Gene Simmons said:
stop f****** up this thread with your rerecording b*******. take it someplace else. the only purpose of this thread is to laughably critique the time it has taken to get a scrapbook released.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video