Alone III and Pinkerton Diaries Finally on Pre-Order

You can finally pre-order Alone III and Pinkerton Diaries on Rivers' online store: http://riverscuomo.cinderblock.com/
Anyone going to be in the first 500 to pre-order? 

Tags: 3, Alone, Diaries, III, Pinkerton

Views: 5882

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While it's not cheap, I think it's a reasonable price. The book itself looks very well-made, and the contents are going to be really special and to me it will enhance the enjoyment of Pinkerton and the Alone disc that comes with the book.

A good seat at a concert can cost $100 or more, or a textbook, so this just doesn't feel outrageous to me. I hesitated and marveled at the shipping cost, too, but im sure there's a reason.

I'm really excited to receive it! It will be great to read over my holiday break.

No! I'm freaking out!!! I better get it after spending that much!

Joe said:

You ever get your confirmation email? I still haven't gotten mine.

PUPPIES! said:
But now I am panicking... I'm I supposed to get an email saying that my purchased has been approved or something? Because so far, I have not.
PUPPIES! said:
Number 401! I'm so happy! HAHA! PARTY AT MY HOUSE!
Chill, br0s.

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:
But now I am panicking... I'm I supposed to get an email saying that my purchased has been approved or something? Because so far, I have not.
PUPPIES! said:

All cleared up.  Just email the people at cinderblock.  They were really nice and emailed me back right away and said that my order went through fine.

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:
PUPPIES! said:

Then It is settled. We should coordinate this after it comes out.

Only in Dreem see wat it meen said:

I'll join in too.

Danielle said:

To clarify, yes I would happily participate in a Pinkerton book club discussion.

Farkas said:

That means "I agree with this post."

Nathan Chandler Drysdale said:

I hope that means "I am willing to pay/participate". I am not "with it" when it comes to internet lingoes.

Farkas said:

IAWTP

Danielle said:

Yes.

Nathan Chandler Drysdale said:

Pinkerton book club

While I agree that the shipping costs are pretty exorbitant (hello Cinderblock--you have good customer service but your shipping rates are always terrible. You guys need to negotiate better with your carriers), I agree with Lisa in that the price of the book itself is not unreasonable. In this day and age where less and less of the public care for tangible books, I can see why it would seem like a lot. 

However, from what we have seen of it (and from the description), it is being produced as a large format, "coffee-table" type book in the vein of fine art and architecture books (you've probably seen books of this kind, they are quite pricey). In fact, based on the contents I would almost consider this project a little closer to artists' books (depending on how big of an edition this will ultimately be). This first edition is cloth bound, with gilt stamped title covers and will be hand numbered; all pointing to a limited edition product that has been created to appeal as a collector's item.

I'm sure, as some people have already suggested, that later editions will eventually be printed in paperback format; after the first edition has had enough time to run its course. Most publishers work that way. So there's hope yet. And as for Alone III CD, there's not even a question that it will be released as a stand alone CD (sooner than later I'd guess). They know that while not everyone will care to buy the book, certainly most will care to buy the music.
Soooo. What I want to know is, who was lucky #1 and lucky #500??

Lisa said:

While it's not cheap, I think it's a reasonable price. The book itself looks very well-made, and the contents are going to be really special and to me it will enhance the enjoyment of Pinkerton and the Alone disc that comes with the book.

A good seat at a concert can cost $100 or more, or a textbook, so this just doesn't feel outrageous to me. I hesitated and marveled at the shipping cost, too, but im sure there's a reason.

I'm really excited to receive it! It will be great to read over my holiday break.

I just think there should be a cd only option as well because some of us will not blindly pay that much for a book that is just pretty much Rivers whoring out his personal life for money.  Especially in this day and age where we can download the album for free.  I really want to pay and support Rivers but I refuse to pay $100 for a cd and a book I will never read as it's none of my business.  Also, if anyone disagrees with me then feel free to buy me a copy of it and I'll send you the $15 I would normally pay for a cd

Lisa said:

I bet rivers has #1.

Cherrie said:

While I agree that the shipping costs are pretty exorbitant (hello Cinderblock--you have good customer service but your shipping rates are always terrible. You guys need to negotiate better with your carriers), I agree with Lisa in that the price of the book itself is not unreasonable. In this day and age where less and less of the public care for tangible books, I can see why it would seem like a lot. 

However, from what we have seen of it (and from the description), it is being produced as a large format, "coffee-table" type book in the vein of fine art and architecture books (you've probably seen books of this kind, they are quite pricey). In fact, based on the contents I would almost consider this project a little closer to artists' books (depending on how big of an edition this will ultimately be). This first edition is cloth bound, with gilt stamped title covers and will be hand numbered; all pointing to a limited edition product that has been created to appeal as a collector's item.

I'm sure, as some people have already suggested, that later editions will eventually be printed in paperback format; after the first edition has had enough time to run its course. Most publishers work that way. So there's hope yet. And as for Alone III CD, there's not even a question that it will be released as a stand alone CD (sooner than later I'd guess). They know that while not everyone will care to buy the book, certainly most will care to buy the music.
Soooo. What I want to know is, who was lucky #1 and lucky #500??

Lisa said:

I did too but they haven't emailed me back yet! And I did that yesterday! What did you ask them?

Joe said:

All cleared up.  Just email the people at cinderblock.  They were really nice and emailed me back right away and said that my order went through fine.

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:
PUPPIES! said:

I just told them what I ordered and what email address I had given them.  They said that they had the order and there was nothing to worry about.

PUPPIES! said:

I did too but they haven't emailed me back yet! And I did that yesterday! What did you ask them?

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:
PUPPIES! said:

Interesting.... I'll give it a whirl.

Joe said:

I just told them what I ordered and what email address I had given them.  They said that they had the order and there was nothing to worry about.

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:
PUPPIES! said:

I didn't get a confirmation email either but wasn't too worried about it since I have an order #.  I just emailed Cinderblock now just in case.

PUPPIES! said:

Interesting.... I'll give it a whirl.

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:

Joe said:

PUPPIES! said:
PUPPIES! said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video