What are you thoughts of the solo?

The fact that they put such an interestingly awesome solo in a song written for a children's show is awesome. Probably my favorite =w= solo because of the use of non-chord tones.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rivers didn't write the song, do you think he wrote the solo?
no

Dylan Notter said:
Rivers didn't write the song, do you think he wrote the solo?
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think the solo is there to show children the importance of guitars

its a cool solo also.
One of the best in awhile, but doesn't come close to Across the Sea, best solo by weezer, the chord changes are sweet
it's an intresting solo, it's nothing ive heard weezer do before. but it kicks ass
A-tone-al
I got in a fight against j-biebs about irony

BackToSchool said:
There's more to Irony than that. From the dictionary.com entry:

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this

What I meant is that it's ironic that on an album being hailed (around here, anyway), as a return to form and Weezer's best in years, the song many people believe to be the best on the album was not written by the band's principal songwriter or anyone else in the group.

G Foo Chombey said:
No, I believe irony is more like saying something while meaning the opposite. Something like someone saying "Oh that music is sure great.." while referring to a genre they hate. That's all I'm sayin'.

BackToSchool said:
Ever hear of "situational irony"? Or are you just pretending to be clueless because you perceive what I said as an insult to the band or something?

G Foo Chombey said:
I don't see how that's ironic.
BackToSchool said:
It's a cool solo, but I don't think it even comes close to any of the good solos on Pinkerton, or Blue for that matter. It feels like it's just "there" rather than being an integral part of the song, in my opinion.

It's ironic that this is probably a better song than anything on else on the album, and Rivers didn't write it.
its good, but not better than maladroits shreds, or pinkertons.. totally doesnt beat maladroits though
Who wrote this song? I know the lead singer of the Aquabats started Yo Gabba Gabba, but does he write all the songs too? I could honestly see Rivers writing this though,
It's a good question really.
In popular music, writing a song can mean just writing lyrics. It's completely possible that the Aquabats guy actually writes everything, but slightly disappointing if such is the case.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
Who wrote this song? I know the lead singer of the Aquabats started Yo Gabba Gabba, but does he write all the songs too? I could honestly see Rivers writing this though,
It's awesome, and the type of thing that attracted me to Weezer in the first place. Quirky, and musically interesting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video