What are you thoughts of the solo?

The fact that they put such an interestingly awesome solo in a song written for a children's show is awesome. Probably my favorite =w= solo because of the use of non-chord tones.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite solo EASILY in the past decade, but against some of the stuff on Pinkerton, let's just say it would be a good fight. I would kill to have a tab for this solo.
I love it. And, this is easily one of my favorite songs they've made this decade.
The solo is fantastic! Does anyone know if Rivers played it, or was it Pat?

I'd like to know what effects they're using on it.
It's a cool solo, but I don't think it even comes close to any of the good solos on Pinkerton, or Blue for that matter. It feels like it's just "there" rather than being an integral part of the song, in my opinion.

It's ironic that this is probably a better song than anything on else on the album, and Rivers didn't write it.
I don't see how that's ironic.

BackToSchool said:
It's a cool solo, but I don't think it even comes close to any of the good solos on Pinkerton, or Blue for that matter. It feels like it's just "there" rather than being an integral part of the song, in my opinion.

It's ironic that this is probably a better song than anything on else on the album, and Rivers didn't write it.
I thought the solo was pretty cool. Considering the lack of solos on the album.
Ever hear of "situational irony"? Or are you just pretending to be clueless because you perceive what I said as an insult to the band or something?

G Foo Chombey said:
BackToSchool said:

i really dig the solo because it kinda reminds me of the solo in "why bother?" -- short, sweet, and sonically in-your-face! :D
I actually think the solo is really cool too, but by no far is it my favorite Weezer solo. There is just something perfect about the one in Buddy Holly and SIAS. Plus, it loses points since I'm pretty sure they didn't even write it haha. Still, it's one of the best parts of the song.
No, I believe irony is more like saying something while meaning the opposite. Something like someone saying "Oh that music is sure great.." while referring to a genre they hate. That's all I'm sayin'.

BackToSchool said:
Ever hear of "situational irony"? Or are you just pretending to be clueless because you perceive what I said as an insult to the band or something?

G Foo Chombey said:
BackToSchool said:

There's more to Irony than that.

From the dictionary.com entry:

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this

What I meant is that it's ironic that on an album being hailed (around here, anyway), as a return to form and Weezer's best in years, the song many people believe to be the best on the album was not written by the band's principal songwriter or anyone else in the group.

G Foo Chombey said:
No, I believe irony is more like saying something while meaning the opposite. Something like someone saying "Oh that music is sure great.." while referring to a genre they hate. That's all I'm sayin'.

BackToSchool said:

G Foo Chombey said:
BackToSchool said:

That's more like sarcasm.

G Foo Chombey said:

BackToSchool said:

G Foo Chombey said:
BackToSchool said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video