I never listened to Pink Floyd but was thinking they might be a good influence on my songwriting.  what do you guys think?  And what other epic rock records out there should I listen to?  thanks.

Views: 2197

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

That is one of my favorite albums..and is penguins and polarbears a millencolin reference?

Penguins and Polarbears said:
(What's the Story) Morning Glory by Oasis... the album the got me wanting to write my own songs
Indigo Girls... Maybe not epic rock, but epic folk-rock. I have been into much of their early stuff. I would suggest their self-titled album, or Nomads, Indians, Saints.
Anything by T. Rex, especially Electric Warrior.....big guitars, big choruses. I kinda heard that sound on Maladroit, I think it would be awesome to hear it again on a new album.
For songwriting influence, listen to ANY Tom Waits album.
The Jam-The Gift
Kasabian-West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
The Rakes- Capture/Release OR Klang
The Subways-All or Nothing
White Lies-To Lose My Life...
Anything by the Police would be good.
Yeah it is hey, another kick ass band, can't really see Rivers listening to them though haha

Brian Spleen said:
That is one of my favorite albums..and is penguins and polarbears a millencolin reference?

Penguins and Polarbears said:
(What's the Story) Morning Glory by Oasis... the album the got me wanting to write my own songs
diary and the pink album sunny day real estate
siamese dream and mellon collie and the infinate sadness smashing pumpkins
brand new eyes paramore
the only boxcar racer album
every blink 182 album
oracular spectacular and congratulations mgmt
every silversun pickups album
the first rentals album
every that dog album
homesick and what sepertates me from you a day to remember
every angels and airwaves album
when your heart stops beating +44
Dig back into that Beach Boys catalog. I listened to Pet Sounds last night, gave me chills (in a good way). If "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" doesn't insprie you, I don't know what will.
Muse!
I like the Barrett stuff. Considering his frame of mind, it is kind of interesting to listen to his solo albums. Then again, Animals is incredible to listen to(especially with headphones). of course The Wall. I really enjoyed The Final Cut.
On a side note..The Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking is incredible. Pink FLoyd didn't want to do that and ended up doing the Wall. When Waters toured with it, Eric Clapton backed out on the West Coast part of the tour because of other obligations, but also said it was a rather depressing album. I guess I like depressing sometimes.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video