I never listened to Pink Floyd but was thinking they might be a good influence on my songwriting.  what do you guys think?  And what other epic rock records out there should I listen to?  thanks.

Views: 2201

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Brofeseffef Fvckoff said:
If this thread has taught me one thing, its that no one here seems to know anything about Punk.

Shawn Minnig said:
I've been in love with the latest Manchester Orchestra Album lately, Everything to nothing. Its a really solid production!

Absolutely. Such a stellar album.
I've been trying to write an album's worth of lyrics since mid-August, and The Wall's been a MAJOR influence. What really helps me with writing is discovering new artists, or hearing something by an artist that I didn't expect.
I have to say, with the mix of genres I'm seeing in replies, Weezer's next album is going to sound awfully unique.

Rivers, with this being said, would you care to be more specific on what type of epic rock you want influence from? I know a lot of bands, but from all of the suggestions I'm seeing it looks like the album the fans want is a rainbow of rock with a different type of rock influence in each spectrum. So until I get a specific type of rock record, I'll keep my ideas to myself.

As for the Pink Floyd idea, I would welcome an album mirroring Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall. I definitely love the idea of each song meshing into the other. They are great models for future Weezer songs.

David Stepp said:
I have to say, with the mix of genres I'm seeing in replies, Weezer's next album is going to sound awfully unique.

Rivers, with this being said, would you care to be more specific on what type of epic rock you want influence from? I know a lot of bands, but from all of the suggestions I'm seeing it looks like the album the fans want is a rainbow of rock with a different type of rock influence in each spectrum. So until I get a specific type of rock record, I'll keep my ideas to myself.

As for the Pink Floyd idea, I would welcome an album mirroring Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall. I definitely love the idea of each song meshing into the other. They are great models for future Weezer songs.

I just got an idea out of criticizing the fans. XD You guys know The Greatest Man That Ever Lived and how it includes ten different styles of music based around a common theme? What if Weezer did the same thing, but had one different style of rock music in ten tracks? I know that Weezer is trying to get away from being gimmicky, but this wouldn't necessarily be a bad gimmick. Also, the reception each track gets would give Weezer a good idea on what type of rock they should focus on for future albums. I'll probably get hell for this, but I think it could be a good idea.
The Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
has Rivers responded to any of these comments?

i think he's just trying to keep you all busy.

Dungeon Master said:

I wouldn't be surprised.
;)

David Stepp said:

Dungeon Master said:

I wouldn't be surprised.
you should definetly listen to nirvana nerermind and the pixies wave of mutilation but some other good ones are radiohead grestest hits, queens of the stone age songs for the deaf, the white stripes elephant, foo fighters greatest hits and elvis costello the best of and if you want something that's kinda punky listen to juliana's pony total system failure hope this helps
The Clash's London Calling, every song on that is great, and for a punk album it's very diverse.
What if Weezer did the same thing, but had one different style of rock music in ten tracks? I know that Weezer is trying to get away from being gimmicky, but this wouldn't necessarily be a bad gimmick. Also, the reception each track gets would give Weezer a good idea on what type of rock they should focus on for future albums. I'll probably get hell for this, but I think it could be a good idea.

No i think that's actually a really good idea, I would buy that.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video