Pinkerton's failure is over and done with after over a decade.

It's being performed live and is becoming more of a headline than Blue Album performances ever were.

This band is having fun, interacting with fans almost in more ways than any other band, and are now living happy lives with their families.

I see this as an opportunity to finally continue from where they left off like when they believed Pinkerton would be successful.  Do what they would have done if Pinkerton was successful like they thought it would.  Business isn't what it used to be for rock bands, but why does that matter?  This isn't about making platinum with this album (although, knowing Weezer, it probably would anyways) it's about making a work of art that builds off of where Pinkerton left off.  Give the somber and brutally honest Pinkerton the sequel of a happy ending that it deserves.  You're living the happy ending, so it should be easy.

You wouldn't even have to be away from loved ones while doing this.  You could do the same thing that the Foo Fighters did and record at home with your family's company.  I'm sure fans wouldn't mind you taking a year or so off touring to do this.

A lot of Weezer boardies will probably scoff at this idea actually coming to fruition, and Weezer probably won't even come across it, but with the validation Weezer now has with Pinkerton I can't think of a better time than after this tour to work on it. 

I'm not expecting anything to happen after I post this.  I'm just glad, as a Weezer fan, that I did.

Tags: pinkerton, sequel

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree with you, especially  "Do what they would have done if Pinkerton was successful like they thought it would". I always wondered how different their music would have been if Pinkerton was as much of mainstream hit than the blue album. Taking that it in to account though, i'm not one of these people that hate on everything post Pinkerton, i just like pre-Pinkerton stuff more.
I think Rivers is way to happy to write anything as deep and sad as Pinkerton

For River's sake, I hope a Pinkerton sequel is never made.

But, if it does happen, then I'll be here to listen.

I would love for there to be a sequel to Pinkerton but I just want them to at least have a small break once they've finished touring for this year, then work hard on a new album and release it in 2 or 3 years.
It is the seafaring rock opera. 
Jamie and Susanne do not need to be re-recorded.

Lewis Digges said:
I want Ric Ocasek back producing the next album and hopefully they will re-record "Longtime Sunshine", "Jamie" and "Suzanne" and finally all of these will be on an album.
Everyone wanted sequels to come after A New Hope, because the story wasnt finished. But after Return of the Jedi there were no more sequels made. If youre talking about the phantom menace etc. , then they are called PREQUELS, not SEQUELS.
K?

Jack to the Crack said:

I don't want a sequel to pinkerton.  who really wanted a sequel to the orginal star wars films?  look how they turned out.

I thought if they replaced 3 or 4 tracks on hurley, it could have been almost as good as the blue album.  It is possible to make an album in a totally different style.  The black keys had rubber factory, widely considered a classic, and completely changed the style for brothers, and that was also a classic.  the beatles released a hard days night, and later released SGT peppers, it doesnt make one of them less good or classic.

All they have to do is make a great album, such as they have been doing for years, but take out the always present 2 or 3 bad songs on the album.

Get them to self produce. You'll end up with another Pinkerton or Maladroit, Ric Ocasek would bring the album more into the Green/Blue direction
But what would that sound like? Doing a 'happy follow up' to pinkerton... that wouldn't exactly be the same sound would it, if it's in a happy mood. It wouldn't sound anything like pinkerton so what's different about it to the albums they've done since pinkerton?
we should create a new forum for predictions and dreams
Pinkerton is done and over, thats probably not who he is/feels anymore so no point in forcing it. What Weezer should do is go back into the recording studio and finish Songs from the black H***, at least remaster what is left. Now that would be epic.
want to make sure everyone read this one...

Naota25 said:
Pinkerton is done and over, thats probably not who he is/feels anymore so no point in forcing it. What Weezer should do is go back into the recording studio and finish Songs from the black H***, at least remaster what is left.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video