Of course, trying to predict Weezer's next move has always been comparable to trying to justify the plot of "The Day After Tomorrow." However, what COULD we expect of a band that's been in the game for nearly 20 years and is only now letting the on-stage sparks fly? As a Weezer fan, you of course must wonder, "how long can this go on? Are any of the guys thinking it's time to move on? Is it still safe to hope for a whole stream of new Weezer albums, especially on a physical format?" These were concerns I have previously expressed, but on the 19th anniversary of the foundation of this band, said concerns could very well become realities. I will support Weezer with my dying breath (despite Raditude), but if would be supremely reassuring to know that the boys are all still behind this thing. Was Rivers serious about fronting Weezer at least until age 60? Being the same age as the band, will there still be new Weezer music when I'm 40? Am I alone on this one?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really hope they keep it up until he's 60!
Agreed. I'm sure they have it in them to go atleast another decade or two!

popzoom said:
Hell yes! Keep the albums rolling in Weezer!!!
Maybe he meant that he would be involved in music for another 20 years, and not weezer
I don't know if Rivers is ever going to be able to stop making music. He's such a prolific song writer, I feel like it's safe to assume that it's a major outlet for him. Now, the other guys may come and go. I'd be sad to see any of them leave, but Rivers is essential to Weezer, and most of what I love about the band is wrapped up in him. So, I take some comfort in thinking that at least we'll continue to get solo tracks out of Rivers.
I just hope they keep releasing CD's as long as they can...
These were concerns I have previously expressed, but on the 19th anniversary of the foundation of this band, said concerns could very well become realities.

What brought that about?
triple agreed

Jordan said:
Agreed. I'm sure they have it in them to go atleast another decade or two!

popzoom said:
happy birthday weezer 2/14/

I would be devastated if they broke it off.

However, a little birdie told me that they might not make anymore albums. Still do live shows, but maybe no albums ):

What Birdie!? O.o Let's kill it!

Trudy Truelove said:

I would be devastated if they broke it off.

However, a little birdie told me that they might not make anymore albums. Still do live shows, but maybe no albums ):

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video