No it's not about pr0n.And I'm sure weezer.com won't allow this kind of crazy PG-13 potty talk.. but I wanted maybe a bit of an outside view on things.

So basically, over the last year (or two) I've been trying a lot more drugs. All kinds. Both legal and illegal. Highs, lows. etc, etc... I've had cocaine a few times, MDMA, Mkat (shudder) and of course weed, tobacco and alcohol.

my point is, what are all your opinions on drugs? Like I said, I've been trying cocaine again recently and it seems relatively easy to get hold of (I live in the UK if any of you don't know that). Whether it comes to pot, coke, heroin, tobacco, alcohol i'd like to here some opinions on it.

My opinion is that no matter what the legal status of the drug, the user will always find a way to get it. Even if that means an unpure, illegal source. Pretty basic "libertarian" (as you americans call it) view but yeah.. my view anyways..

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if you want to use, i say you should be able to use...so long as others are not harmed by the process.  unfortunately most of the harm to others from drugs comes from the illegal drug trade business and not from the drugs themselves. 

i have no problems with drugs, but i myself have been drug (and tobacco) free since June 2011 with the exception of alcohol.

however, in my experience....id say alcohol is the worst drug there is...

agreeed

if-i-were-an-orange said:

however, in my experience....id say alcohol is the worst drug there is...

I have never tried any illegal drugs.  There was one time I nearly had an addiction to some prescription pain killers after some surgery I got on a cyst.  It all happened during a bad period in my life.

Whether you think drugs are useful for you is clearly your point of view.  I am not against it, if that's your decision.  However, there was one guy I knew recently who died from an overdose (of what, I don't know).  Clearly, there are consequences to this.

yes there are clear consequences...but so long as someone knows the risks involved, i dont see anyone else having the right to stop them.  there potential are consequences for cigarettes, driving a motorcycle, skydiving, skateboarding....if someone makes a conscious decision to do one of those things...or drugs if thats what they want...they should have be able to do it.....IMO

Margaret's Horsey [Jupiter 80] said:

I have never tired any illegal drugs.  There was one time I nearly had an addiction to some prescription pain killers after some surgery I got on a cyst.  It all happened during a bad period in my life.

Whether you think drugs are useful for you is clearly your point of view.  I am not against it, if that's your decision.  However, there was one guy I knew recently who died from an overdose (of what, I don't know).  Clearly, there are consequences to this.

Cocaine = horrible idea
Booze = seems the worst because it's easy to get a hold of in excess and because it's part of our culture

I'd also like to add that other cultures seem to handle booze way better than our's (english speakers).

I'd rather be high than drunk.

Less chance of puking on your best friend's sofa on her birthday.

Not that I've done that or anything...

Colorado (the state adjacent to the one in which I live) just legalized weed. Me thinks I may need to move there.

I think what you're doing is illegal Stevenson, just a heads up.

everything in moderation.

except for heroin. or meth.

uhh, yeah....the alcoholics that destroy their families and/or beat their women in countries like France or Peru do it in a much more classy way....and when they pass out in a gutter covered in their own vomit, they do it with dignity.

Indierocks said:

I'd also like to add that other cultures seem to handle booze way better than our's (english speakers).
MLA handbook
The same can be said for any drugs not used in moderation. Alcohol is no different than any other drug except the fact that it's legal (except for pot, no big harm done). As far as the other cultures thing, every culture has drunks the difference is in America most people drink, more likely than not, TO get drunk or at least feel alcohol's effect in some way, this may also apply in some Latin American countries but others (mainly Romantic and Germanic European) drink beer and wine as an ordinary beverage. We sure do argue a lot.
Delete that MLA handbook thing, sorry I'm kinda in the middle of something.

I tried everything in college, got most of my drinking out of the way being a fraternity d*** and a rock band guy at the same time, so I don't drink very often these days. Just socially. Don't care for the hangover or the expense.

Cocaine was fun, but too expensive and habit-forming. I stay away from uppers, anything that can cause heart issues, etc. generally. Along those lines, Meth is a shitty drug, wouldn't recommend that either.

Shrooms/acid I never found that entertaining.

Medical Marijuana is legal in California, and I'm somewhat of an activist, so you can guess my view on that.

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/index

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video