Across The Sea: A Benefit Concert For Japan featuring, Getchoo! A Tribute To Weezer. June 4th (Washington DC area)

I'm putting on a benefit concert to help out the victims of Japan. I put on a tribute with a few of my friends. We're called Getchoo! and we will be playing the Blue Album and Pinkerton in its entirety! (plus other b-sides, hits).

The show is June 4th it is located in Arlington, VA. It's a FREE show and we will selling raffle tickets (100% proceeds will go to the Red Cross).

Prizes include:

- $100 Amex Gift Card

- Copies of 'Hurley' signed by Jorge Garcia of LOST (2 copies are available to raffle)

- Strat copy guitar

- Poster signed by Weezer

- Guitar Center Gift Cards

- random assortment of weezer merch (t shirts, stickers, etc)

What'ya say? Free show for a GREAT cause. Also wanted to note that one of the members of Getchoo is Taylor Morden (one of the contributers to 'Turnin Up The Radio' from the Death To False Metal CD).

Check out our facebook event site for more details:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=115539115194492

Tags: across, benefit, japan, pinkerton, sea, the, weezer

Views: 106

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a really good idea :) hope it goes well.
thanks. I hope we raise a good amount for Japan.

Hugh Lovric said:
That's a really good idea :) hope it goes well.
shame that.

David T said:
thanks. very sorry to hear about your friend. We will keep him/her in our thoughts. 

Brofessefef said:

That's a really good idea.  My good friend So Kin Whet was killed in this disaster.

:(

Awesome. Unfortunately I'm in the other side of the country but I hope the show rocks!
That is horrible - Soaking Wet

Brofessefef said:

That's a really good idea.  My good friend So Kin Whet was killed in this disaster.

:(

John DiPietro said:
That is horrible - Soaking Wet
not cool at all. this stuff isn't a joking matter.
seriously, it's pretty offensive to make fun of the name of his recently deceased friend.

David T said:
not cool at all. this stuff isn't a joking matter.
What if nobody wants to raffle?

we're also taking general donations at the door but I see it as might as well win a chance to get $100 bucks and other cool stuff. The venue is also going to donate a percentage of what they make that night from alcohol.

I put in a good chunk of my money for the prizes and promo. We also got a hold of Jorge Garcia and the weezer staff to donate some of the stuff to raffle off. Hopefully people do donate or buy a raffle ticket :)

Farkas said:

What if nobody wants to raffle?
We're thinking about you and your country.

Miwa RC said:
Thank you from Japan. I wish the success of this concert. " Across The Sea " is my favorite song. Weezer fans are the best.  うれしいです、ありがとうございます。
Great idea for a great cause - hope it goes well!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video