A question for those who saw a show from the Weezer/Blink 182 tour

Was the crowd really rough?

I'm seeing Blink, My Chem and Rancid in a couple months, and I have pit seats. I've seen Weezer and some other rock bands live before (all pit seats), and most of them weren't too rough. Compared to Weezer, how crazy do you think a crowd of Blink, MCR and Rancid fans will be?

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gutter Punks or Latino Machos.  The kind that create mosh pits even though no one around them wants to start one, they swing their fists, stomp on people that fall on the ground, grab people on the outside and throw them into the middle, and then spit on them.  I'm basically thinking of the dudes that just go to shows to pick fights and start pits, not necessarily for the music.

I don't think you will get many of these punks at the Blink show.  A) punks can't afford big name concerts and B) Blink 182 is way to poppy for a nasty punk to ever be seen there

Brofessefef said:

Define "nasty punks" please.

Brofessefef said:

lolz

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Brofessefef said:

Do you have Nasty Punk friends that have a job?  Working at Hot Topics part time doesn't count.

Brofessefef said:

lolwut.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

A) punks can't afford big name concerts
Brofessefef said:

lol

Do you have Nasty Punk friends that have a job?  Working at Hot Topics part time doesn't count.

Brofessefef said:

lolwut.

Brofessefef said:

You are right.  Money isn't really necessary.  True punks would sneak in or steal some kid's ticket.

Latino macho refers to a bald juiced up mexican wearing a wife beater, cut off dickies, converse all-stars, and a sweat towel hanging out of their back pocket.  They usually just kind of bounce around the pit (because they are usually the only one in it) flexing their muscles.  It's probably just a regional stereotype - Los Angeles and the rest of the southwest US

Brofessefef said:

Well, I had quite a few old friends that probably fit your idea of a gutter punk - being homeless with no job and relying on crashing on friends sofas ect...  You'd have probably looked at me and thought the same, except I had a job and a place to live.

That said, when you have no job and no place to permanently live, money you get from busking/begging/welfare doesn't have to pay bills and therefore tends to get spent on beer and gigs.  I've seen Rancid at a festival which, at the time cost over £100 for a weekend pass.  My "gutter punk" friends either bought tickets or snuck in.

Also, I had no idea what a "macho latino" was so I googled it.  What I found was a load of muscle-bound latinos with their clocks out.  Never seen that at a gig, so I guess they can't afford it.

Brofessefef said:

lolwut.

Brofessefef said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List