Rivers, Brian, Scott, Pat, Karl and everyone,

I know it's a bit long, but please read until the end.

My name is Jean-François. I’m a 32-year old male from Montreal. I’ve had a hard time last year: bad breakup, burnout from working too much, amphetamine addiction and depression. Two months ago, I woke up on the floor of my apartment. I called my boss to tell him I was quitting my high salary job. I grabbed my guitar, a few clothes, and left for a road trip across the United States to kick the habit, get some sun, see shows and meet new people.

The operation was a huge success. I learned a lot of things about myself and I now know where I must go in order to be happy. I wrote eight songs on the road. I’m clean, I’m going back to school (social work), I’m in the process of forming a new band (I wasn’t even playing music anymore), and I’m getting back in touch with people who were once important in my life. I think I was escaping from them because I couldn’t fake being happy anymore.

Unfortunately, I lost my best friend in the process. We’ve been playing music together for more than 15 years. He became more important to me than my own brother. For some reason, he just stopped talking to me. I presume he is unhappy with the fact that I didn’t listen to his advice and did things my way. I had bought two tickets for the July 3rd show for him and me. I tried to contact him since I came back and he’s ignoring me. It hurts, especially that my closest friends are his wife, his kid, and his wife’s coworker. I am now blocked from all these people because of this uncomfortable situation. The worst is that he made sure to let me know through a Facebook post that they all have tickets for the show in Montreal.

Weezer is my favorite band ever and played a big part in my recovery, especially the tree first songs from the Red Album that were played over and over during my trip. When I came back to my apartment, I wrote the Pork and Beans lyrics on Post-Its that I placed all around the apartment. They remind me every minute that whatever happens in the next months, I got to stick to my plan of becoming myself even if people around me don’t agree. I know this might sound weird coming from a 32-year old guy, but it really helps.

I know this is probably impossible, but I’m going to ask anyways. I am willing to give my two tickets to some poor kids who can’t afford to go see the show in exchange of being able to hang out backstage and have a chance to thank you for the music. I’m not the groupie kind of guy and won’t bother you. I’d just like to shake your hands and thank you for the music. Okay, maybe I’ll take my chance and ask you to perform Pork and Beans on guitar with you guys on the stage, but that’s it! Haha. I know I’m dreaming, but this would mean a lot to me right now. Any other song would do! ;) Seriously, I can play any Weezer song flawlessly if I know at least half an hour in advance.

The two tickets I have are very good seats and I will enjoy the show even if I don’t get the chance to be with my best friends or see you guys. If I don’t get a reply from you, I would understand. I’ll just try to find the biggest Weezer fan through social media (including this board) and invite that person for a free show (hoping it’s a cute girl).

So that’s it. Just writing this letter felt good. I hope my English was OK (French native). You can reach me here.

Thanks for the music. Can’t wait to see you guys.

Jean-François

Edit: Given that the first reactions to this post seemed to imply that I was trying to cash in, I'd just like to say that I didn't even think about money while writing this letter and that I'd be willing to pay more if it's an issue (can you buy backstage passes?). Whatever is the result of this, I will give money to a local organization dealing with depression and drug addiction or any organization supported by Weezer.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I doesn't hurt to ask...

Jordan said:
Yeah, but if he's this serious, he could wait it out. Any one in there  their right mind will know that the request he made won't happen.

kittens bieber ♥ said:

you know that they don't sell VIP tickets for every show, right?

Jordan said:

Just buy VIP next time.

Klugscheißer [spaz] said:
I It doesn't hurt to ask...

Jordan said:
Yeah, but if he's this serious, he could wait it out. Any one in there  their right mind will know that the request he made won't happen.

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Just buy VIP next time.
*anyone

Jordan said:

Jordan said:

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Just buy VIP next time.

placemats said:
*Anyone

Jordan said:

Jordan said:

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Just buy VIP next time.
It certainly does not hurt to ask. If you ask in the right manner and the right person, you might get your wish. Worked for me once.

I doesn't hurt to ask...

Jordan said:

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Just buy VIP next time.

Jordan said:

placemats said:
*Anyone

Jordan said:

Jordan said:

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Just buy VIP next time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service