What do you think of the album?.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is this album older than you?
Nope i'm 15.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
is this album older than you?
Leave the guy alone, it's not a bad thread. It's an alright album, but I wouldn't say its anywhere near my favourite. My favourite track on there is 'Slob'. Really great.
 awesome thread bro

It's got a distinctively heavier sound and a tone more aligned with Pinkerton. It's the probably 3rd/4th best Weezer album.

Pinkerton's rawness works because it delivers masterful arrangements brimming with intense emotion, that rawness kind of goes hand in hand with the songs. Maladroit's rawness doesn't work because it's an emotionally vapid and lazily written collection of songs. Maladroit's right at the bottom of the Weezer pile to my ears, it's juvenile and the first time Rivers really showed the world that he had lost "it" - at least Green has fantastic melodies and a solid direction/purpose that it fulfills. Even Maladroit's supposed solo strength is weak, they're shoehorned in and it's mostly just scale wanking, there are no narrative solos ala In the Garage or Across the Sea, they're the type of solos a 17 year old kid would put in his songs after learning some new tricks at his guitar lesson, they're show-offy and devoid of taste and artistic merit.

Humpty Dumpty said:

It's got a distinctively heavier sound and a tone more aligned with Pinkerton. It's the probably 3rd/4th best Weezer album.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video