So, I've been thinking about this a lot and I've come to the conclusion a Goat Punishment album should be put out. I don't think I'm alone when I say, it would be really cool to hear studio versions of all those incredible songs (So low, We go together, etc.). It would also be a good excuse to release some of those amazing Green b-sides, which is what I think everyone was hoping for with DTFM. I realize of course this is probably never going to happen, I just wanted to know what you guys think, maybe see if Rivers will share his thoughts on the subject.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. And a follow up GP show or 3 would be sweet also.
Maybe not release it as Goat Punishment, but maybe as the name of the album.  This would just be another odds and ends album, but it would be one that every Weezer fan would want.  I've made myself an album full of Green/Maladroit/Album 5 era demos.  With a few touch ups here and there Goat Punishment would be a must buy for any die hard Weezer fan.

Then again, you can't discount the fact that there will be more Alone's after Alone III.  Maybe those tracks will be in Alone IV, V, VI?
Wasn't Goat Punishment just a cover band?
It was, but there were also unreleased songs performed.  Really, asking for a Goat Punishment release is the same thing as asking for an odd and ends list of Green/Maladroit/Album 5 era songs.

The dreWid said:
yeah they preformed maladroit songs before it was out

David Stepp said:
It was, but there were also unreleased songs performed.  Really, asking for a Goat Punishment release is the same thing as asking for an odd and ends list of Green/Maladroit/Album 5 era songs.

The dreWid said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video