new album out soon........

First album in five years to be released in August

Despite frontman Anthony Kiedis proclaiming earlier in the year that the new record would be called Dr. Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head, the new album does not yet have a title.

However, Chad Smith says the Red Hot Chili Peppers' comeback album will be released during the last week of August.

The drummer revealed: "It has no name, but it's going good. We've got lots of songs and we're just choosing the ones for the album. Everybody's happy, healthy and excited to get back out there and play."

It's the band's first release since guitarist John Frusciante was replaced by Josh Kilnghoffer, and Smith reports: "It's a good chemistry. The cool thing is we knew him for about 10 years before he joined. We've had the luxury of writing songs for a year and he's brought a lot to the table. It sounds new and fresh - but it still sounds like the Chili Peppers."

Tags: boob, jbjbjnb, kibibionb, kibninbi, murder, vhbuy

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's been 5 years? God I feel like that album is still new.

Anyways fluck Frusciante. If drugs mean that much to him, he can go leave his successful band and restart his successful solo career...oh wait.

Heroin again?

G Foo Chombey said:

Anyways fluck Frusciante. If drugs mean that much to him, he can go leave his successful band and restart his successful solo career...oh wait.

I figure he's just got bored working within the confines of the Chili's formula. If you've ever heard his solo work, you can see that his musical vision is all over the map. Come to think of it though, that EP that he put out with Omar Rodriguez Lopez would lead one to believe that he's back on the needle...

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
Heroin again?

G Foo Chombey said:

I don't think it's a limiting issue. His solo stuff is different than the band as is any side/solo project. I'm fairly confident it's a drug thing since that's why he left the first time. Also the band avoiding the question means something went down.

Mada said:
I figure he's just got bored working within the confines of the Chili's formula. If you've ever heard his solo work, you can see that his musical vision is all over the map. Come to think of it though, that EP that he put out with Omar Rodriguez Lopez would lead one to believe that he's back on the needle...

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
Heroin again?

G Foo Chombey said:

I saw this band play once in 2006 in Denver, CO.  That will probably be my last time seeing them.

Jupiter 8 said:
I saw this band play once in 2006 in Denver, CO.  That will probably be my last time seeing them.
Just wasn't my thing.  A Prince concert, on the other hand, is something I find to be more entertaining.

G Foo Chombey said:

Jupiter 8 said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video