OK... everyone online and at my school are saying rivers cuomo is a sellout!!.. he is not!! who ever says that is a retard. Just beacuse he is in a few music videos with FRED it dosnet mean he is a sellout. maybe his daughter likes fred and rivers wanted to show her that he was on FRED... If you think that rivers is a sellout HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT he never was and never will be

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this whole thread is ridiculous. anybody with a legitimate rivers quote claiming and bragging about his hardcore underground punk rock cred please step forward. nobody? thats what i thought. idiots.
Do u know everything

Farkas said:
I doubt his daughter knows who Fred is. 
yeah i am.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
Are people under the age of 13 legally allowed on forums?

even if that value is not accurate....i seriously doubt rivers is hurting for money too much.  they have done quite a bit of touring in the last few years, and in case you don't remember...those tickets don't come cheap.  and he doesn't seem to spend very much money in the first place. (back in the make believe era i recall that he didn't own a car and lived in a small and shitty LA apartment)  he is most likely saving up as much money as he can for his daughter and family's future.  so he is doing racecar commercials....something Led Zeppelin probably would have never done, but it doesn't mean he is wrong for doing it....it just means he is selling out.

and why not?  how is he going to make money after he is an old weezer geezer?  most bands dont stay touring as long as Aerosmith or B.B. King.  it is funny to see and definitely makes them look lame...but i am not going to say that i wouldn't do a statefarm commercial which took a max of prob 2 days for a generous sum of money.   

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

So because a website says so it must be true. k.

placemats said:

Get a f****** clue, drewid.

 

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/riv...

Farkas said:

I don't think of them as sellouts. I like to say that they are poor. 

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
Weezer started out on a major label and even did advertisements in the nineties, to quote Patrick Wilson "Weezer sold out in '94". That being said, there's been a lot of corporate fellatio that's been occurring in the Weezer camp in the last two years (State Farm, Snuggie, Hurley, Axe and Izod are the companies that spring to mind), so you can't really deny the veracity of these sell-out claims.

Let's remember how long they spent in the studio on Raditude.

Lil Wayne's appearance was worth at least 75,000 dollars.

I mean, they've probably made the money back by now, but I'm sure it was difficult (which would explain why Hurley was such a low-cost effort).

hahahahahahaaaa

Akio Cuomo said:
Jeez you guys calm down it was just an opinion. iam only 9. jeez!

yeah let's remember that.....i'm sure they wouldn't spend 75k on a Lil Wayne cameo and God only knows how much in the studio for a dog s*** album if they didn't already have quite a bit of cash to throw around.


Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Let's remember how long they spent in the studio on Raditude.

Lil Wayne's appearance was worth at least 75,000 dollars.

 

Kiss never sold out so I think Weezer has a long way from selling out. Think about that for a bit.
how long?

Naota25 said:
Kiss never sold out so I think Weezer has a long way from selling out. Think about that for a bit.
lolwut

Naota25 said:
Kiss never sold out so I think Weezer has a long way from selling out. Think about that for a bit.
I do.

Akio Cuomo said:
Do u know everything

Farkas said:
I doubt his daughter knows who Fred is. 
I'm sure they owe Geffen tons of cash. Lil Wayne only appears for a minimum of 75k. Look it up.

blakesp26 said:

yeah let's remember that.....i'm sure they wouldn't spend 75k on a Lil Wayne cameo and God only knows how much in the studio for a dog s*** album if they didn't already have quite a bit of cash to throw around.


Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Let's remember how long they spent in the studio on Raditude.

Lil Wayne's appearance was worth at least 75,000 dollars.

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video