Which do you prefer in Weezer albums? (see below for what albums were written in each tunings).

 

Why do you think Rivers switched up the tunings between albums?  I think he went standard tuning on Green because he was trying to be as poppy as possible, to "get his band back on the map".  I prefer half step down because I like how I sound singing it. 

 

I am basing this off of the Alubm tablature books:

1/2 Step Down:

Blue

Pinkerton

Make Believe

Red

Raditude

Hurly??? (don't know yet)

 

Standard Tuning:

Green Maladroit

Tags: 1/2, down, guitar, standard, step, tuning

Views: 2707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer 1/2 step down. It is easier to sing to. However I guess it wouldn't matter to me for just listening.
Maybe it's because of the oversaturation of standard tuning that I prefer the stark half-step down. When my band plays covers or songs written in Eb with the "whatever it sounds fine in this tuning," mentality, it frustrates me :/
Only blue and pink are half-step.
I prefer standard tuning when I play guitar cause I hate bringing every string down whenever i play weezer songs.
But half-step sounds better
I always use and perfer Eb
Only half of raditude is eb. Hurley's tuning are all over the place (standard, half step down, drop d, and whole step down)
I really don't see many advantages with half step tuning.
some of hurley is standard (unspoken) and some is 1/2 step.


Zak Barbezat said:
Only blue and pink are half-step.
I prefer standard tuning when I play guitar cause I hate bringing every string down whenever i play weezer songs.
But half-step sounds better

Perfect Situation (and the rest of Make Believe) isn't half step down??

I think it is nothing more than making the songs easier to play and sing....Rivers likes to start on F# from a voice standpoint and it is simply easier to start playing on "G."
standard and 1/2: Blue, Red, Raditude, Hurley
pure 1/2: Pinkerton, Make Believe
pure standard: Green, Maladroit
what are you basing this off of?

The guitar tab books for Blue, Pink, Make Believe, and Red are entirely in 1/2 step down. This can also be justified by which guitars the band uses on stage for each song.

Henri Armanda said:
standard and 1/2: Blue, Red, Raditude, Hurley
pure 1/2: Pinkerton, Make Believe
pure standard: Green, Maladroit
they play everything half-step down live



Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
what are you basing this off of?

The guitar tab books for Blue, Pink, Make Believe, and Red are entirely in 1/2 step down. This can also be justified by which guitars the band uses on stage for each song.

Henri Armanda said:
standard and 1/2: Blue, Red, Raditude, Hurley
pure 1/2: Pinkerton, Make Believe
pure standard: Green, Maladroit
I know that's true for Island in the Sun, but what about for Hash Pipe. That was is so much easier and natural to play in Standard Tuning because of the open note at the beginning of the main riff

next week's weather said:
they play everything half-step down live



Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
what are you basing this off of?

The guitar tab books for Blue, Pink, Make Believe, and Red are entirely in 1/2 step down. This can also be justified by which guitars the band uses on stage for each song.

Henri Armanda said:
standard and 1/2: Blue, Red, Raditude, Hurley
pure 1/2: Pinkerton, Make Believe
pure standard: Green, Maladroit

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video